gun and choke

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Bamatrkyhntr

gun and choke

Postby Bamatrkyhntr » January 20th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Does anyone shoot a 835 with a jellyhead choke? How does it do and what shells do you use?

allaboutshooting

Re: gun and choke

Postby allaboutshooting » January 21st, 2012, 12:58 pm

Bamatrkyhntr wrote:Does anyone shoot a 835 with a jellyhead choke? How does it do and what shells do you use?

First of all, welcome to T&TH. It's good to have you here and hope to get to know you better. This is a very good place and you'll find folks are both knowledgeable and helpful.

I have in the past shot the Jelly Head chokes in an 835, 935 and SSi-ONE, all with the same over bored .775 barrels. They seem to do just fine.

I have had my best results however with some other chokes. I see excellent results with both the SSX and the Hevi-13 Turkey Chokes. Both throw dense and even patterns at 40 yards without "baseball" size patterns at closer distances, the mark of a well designed choke, in my experience.

All chokes, again in my experience, do best with the current Hevi-13 turkey loads. I get my best patterns with the 3" "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot. They are just the most consistent turkey loads on the market today.

I hope that helps some and again, welcome.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » January 22nd, 2012, 11:49 pm

My father has an 835 and shoots it with a jellyhead and it shoots amazing. Hope this helps :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

wingseeker

Postby wingseeker » March 24th, 2012, 9:37 am

allaboutshooting wrote:
Bamatrkyhntr wrote:Does anyone shoot a 835 with a jellyhead choke? How does it do and what shells do you use?

First of all, welcome to T&TH. It's good to have you here and hope to get to know you better. This is a very good place and you'll find folks are both knowledgeable and helpful.

I have in the past shot the Jelly Head chokes in an 835, 935 and SSi-ONE, all with the same over bored .775 barrels. They seem to do just fine.

I have had my best results however with some other chokes. I see excellent results with both the SSX and the Hevi-13 Turkey Chokes. Both throw dense and even patterns at 40 yards without "baseball" size patterns at closer distances, the mark of a well designed choke, in my experience.

All chokes, again in my experience, do best with the current Hevi-13 turkey loads. I get my best patterns with the 3" "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot. They are just the most consistent turkey loads on the market today.

I hope that helps some and again, welcome.

Thanks,
Clark

That is really fine advice Clark. Again, I would look at the HeviShot Chokes especially if you are planning on using
the HEvi13 or Magnum Blend shells.

Return to Shooting