If Price Was Not a Concern

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
DylanT

Re: If Price Was Not a Concern

Postby DylanT » January 10th, 2012, 9:33 pm

dewey wrote:
kygobbler wrote: I would like to also include a gernade launcher to it for when the turkeys decide they dont want to play and stay out of range. :lol:

Now that is thinking out of the box. I like it. How about some heating seeking pellets as well?

Dewey

And radar!

:o

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » January 12th, 2012, 6:55 pm

I shoot a lot of different guns in my work. The real problem for me is that I like most of them...okay, maybe all of them. I see advantages and disadvantages to most and there are some things that I'd change on a few of them.

I think the most important part of any turkey gun is your confidence in it. The way that I gain confidence in any gun is by spending some range time with it. When I know what it can do and what I can do with it, I'm ready to hunt.

One gun that I've always been comfortable with and confident of is a 1991 Model Benelli SBE. The original barrel is 26" long and that gun just fits me. I know that it shoot low at 40 yards but the windage is perfect, so I can just cover a turkey's head and it's right on target. I can never see getting rid of that gun.

My new favorite is also a Benelli, a 3" Vinci with a 28" barrel. It shoots right where I point it, the trigger is great and it's a true joy to carry to the turkey woods. It's one gun that I can't think of a thing on it I'd change.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » January 12th, 2012, 10:01 pm

I have the Vinci that Clark speaks of and I have to say he's right on the money. I use a Tru-Glo SSX choke with 3" 2 oz #5 Hevi-Shot and it is absolutely lethal on the birds. The gun is so light weight and comfortable and it does anything you ask of it. It's great for ducks, turkeys, doves, rabbits, clays, and just about anything else you want to shoot at!
Brian

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » January 18th, 2012, 9:01 am

I love my SBE and want to add a speed bead sight to it. I have killed a bunch of turkeys with my old Stevens single shot with a fixed modified choke. I never missed or lost a bird with that gun. It is not my ideal turkey gun, but by being restricted to one shot, I made sure it counted and let the bird get close before I shot.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

tracebusta39

Postby tracebusta39 » January 23rd, 2012, 9:37 pm

I shoot aNWTF Browning Gold Finger 3.5 in....I love the gun but one of the best guns I ever owned was a Charles Daly 12 gauge, that gun was smooth and I never missed one with it for over 5 years.
I would love to shoot that Vinci that Clark talks about though.

Previous

Return to Shooting