entertaining kid in blind

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
quackingtim

entertaining kid in blind

Postby quackingtim » April 20th, 2008, 11:02 pm

I need some ideas.  I'm trying to get a kid w/AD a chance to get a turkey.  A gameboy will only work for a short time.  Saturday once the hens left the decaoys and the toms stopped gobbling he was done and we were out before 10:00.  Sunday was a little better.  I was able to call in a bunch of crows and he enjoyed that.  Then I was able to call in two geese.  They cricled three times and landed 100 yards out, then they walked with in twenty yards of the blind.  By luck, a ren flew into the blind and all heck broke loose.  I grabbed the gun and the kid was swatting at the bird trying to get it out of the blind.  With all of the excitment for the morning he was done shortly after 11:00 and was ready to go.  Please give me some ideas, we are going out again next Friday.
H.I.T. squad team member
Buck Gardner Calls prostaff

STEROIDCHICKEN

RE: entertaining kid in blind

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » April 21st, 2008, 6:07 am

howdy quackingtim,
try giving the child a call that he can use...possibly a slate or a box. this may interest him enough to keep him there a little longer. good luck and enjoy. 
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

tracebusta32

RE: entertaining kid in blind

Postby tracebusta32 » April 21st, 2008, 8:05 am

Try a run and gun method...Or keep him up late the night before and let him take a nap while there is little going on, bring snacks. I kow my son will get fidgety after about 2 hours so if we don't have anything going on we will get up go looking for them...this will add a few hours to your hunt for sure.
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion