Any Missouri boys on here???

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
NealinMO

Any Missouri boys on here???

Postby NealinMO » April 19th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Just wondering how many missouri boys are on here and see how pumped up everyone is for Monday's opener..

I'm from NE Missouri and Monday can't get here fast enough!!!!

Fan Club

RE: Any Missouri boys on here???

Postby Fan Club » April 21st, 2008, 4:15 am

Hey Neal-

I'm from Michigan, but have a lease near Lancaster, in Schuyler county, about an hour north of you. Unfortunately, we won't be down until May 1 st due to the schedules of the other lease members. The good news is that the Michigan season opens today.

Let us know how you do. Updates on the phase of the breeding season would be appreciated as well! Thanks.

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

NealinMO

RE: Any Missouri boys on here???

Postby NealinMO » April 21st, 2008, 10:35 am

Went out this morning and had 8 or 10 gobblin off the roost then at first light had 4 hens fly down 35 yards in front of me and they made a B line for the 2 closest gobblers about 75 yards away..  About 10 minutes of calling I had the whole group coming in..  4 hens and 2 gobblers coming till about 50 yards from me when some guy shot the big strutter..  I guess this guy snuck in right before light and sat up between me and the gobblers..  About 45 minutes later I called another across 300 yards of picked corn and across a road to within 35 yards, he was behind a bunch of brush..  He saw Pretty Boy and bugged out, never to be seen from again..

Rough way to start, kinda!!! 

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion