GOBBLERS LOCKED UP WITH HENS

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
BOWHUNTERCOP

GOBBLERS LOCKED UP WITH HENS

Postby BOWHUNTERCOP » May 1st, 2008, 12:14 am

We noticed that the gobblers are locked up with there hens this week here in northwestern NJ, they aren't repling to our calls. We can't go back out till Monday May 5th. Do you think the gobblers that are with hens yesterday will be seeking a new girlfriend by Monday?

hatch

RE: GOBBLERS LOCKED UP WITH HENS

Postby hatch » May 1st, 2008, 2:27 pm

here in ny I have seen them split up and re group within the last week or so I think all of our weird weather is finally catching up with them.??
"Roosted aint Roasted"

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » May 5th, 2008, 10:23 am

We've also had some windy rainy weather that have messed with the birds lately here in the U.P..  Over the course of a couple weeks I have seen 36 birds that roosted all together two weeks ago, split into groups of three and roost elsewhere only to regroup into 30 some in the same tree the week later.  I think they are asserting their respective domininance and regrouping in the bad nasty weather, but I'm not sure.  I wouldn't worry about new girlfriends, just find out where they are roosting the day before or so and setup as close as possible to their fly down spot and morning travel route.  Good luck.
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

Gobblernut

Postby Gobblernut » May 7th, 2008, 5:14 am

Gobblers finally own there own here in southwest virginia...
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

Return to Strategies