Complete Newbie here!

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
Tom21inNM

Complete Newbie here!

Postby Tom21inNM » April 25th, 2011, 5:18 am

I am actually going on my First Turkey hunt this weekend, yeah little late in the season but the Bro in Law and I have been shooting a lot at the range lately and have got the Hankering to go out and try our luck. I have to say the advice you all give out here has been a huge help in our prep. I really enjoy the sight.

A little background on why this year. Last year on an Elk hunt, coming up dry we decided to hop in the truck mid-day and explore, rounding a bend and a little above a stock pond we spotted a few hens head towards the tree line. At the lead was the Biggest Tom I may have ever seen, right then I was telling myself I found a new hobby. Ive seen dozens of Turkey in the wild and this big boy made an impression on me. Thanks again all, good luck and good hunting.

SpitnDrum

RE: Complete Newbie here!

Postby SpitnDrum » April 25th, 2011, 5:47 am

Good luck this spring Tom to you and your Bro in Law.Once you get the turkey hunting desease no medical proffesional can cure it!!And welcome to the forum!
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » April 25th, 2011, 6:57 am

Thanks, I am DEFINATELY looking forward to it, first hunt. I figure if I can even get one to come in close enough to see it'll be a small victory. Bagging one will have me planning my next trip already!

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » April 25th, 2011, 12:23 pm

Welcome to the forum and the addiction hope you both have Good Luck on your turkey hunt.

Jon
Turkeybuster

BluMtnGobbler

Postby BluMtnGobbler » April 25th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Welcome aboard guys thisis a great place. I can't say enough good stuff about all the guys on here. Good Luck
Brian

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » April 26th, 2011, 4:40 am

Thanks all, I have noticed that this is a great place to come for advice and to get pointed in the right direction. I am reading every thread soaking up all the info I can in hopes a tid bit here and there helps us on the hunt. Weve already made plans to go next weekend too. Funny havent even been yet and were both hooked just based on what we hear about it.

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 27th, 2011, 10:16 am

Good luck. Dont worry, u will be addicted after the first hunt, and it will never let go, trust me and everybody else on here.[:D]
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » April 27th, 2011, 10:27 am

Only a couple more days, its bit both me on the Bro in law bad, so bad in fact I have an order from cabelas coming today with more gear, and he went out and stocked up with more gear at lunch today. The weather is suppose to cool off and possibly snow late Saturday early Sunday but no chance it stops us.

Return to New Members of the Forum