New Year Eve Turkey

charlie elk

New Year Eve Turkey

Postby charlie elk » January 3rd, 2012, 9:19 pm

Turkeys season is closed post season withdrawals are setting in along with the melancholy blues.
Vic and I ended the season with an almost at the buzzer turkey, killed at 4:15 in the afternoon of the 31st. Was anyone else out closing the old the year turkey hunting?
Told Vic the season as done making this the last turkey and his face says it all.
Attachments
New Year Eve Turkey 12312011.jpg
New Year Eve Turkey 12312011.jpg (102.61 KiB) Viewed 870 times
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

dewey

Re: New Year Eve Turkey

Postby dewey » January 3rd, 2012, 10:19 pm

Congratulations to you and Vic on a great season. How many turkeys did you and Vic get this fall? I am so jealous of you Sconi's being able to hunt for as long as you do and your bag limits. In a couple of years I may come calling on you for some fall hunting fun:)

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 4th, 2012, 8:21 am

Let me know when Dewey. WI just might have the best fall hunting in the nation.

How many turkeys did you and Vic get this fall?

This is a question I hesitate to answer for fear someone would get jealous and put a limit on the tags we can purchase. I filled all my tags and bought a few more to support turkey management in WI. ;)

Good news- Unlike the empty late season turkeys last year; this turkey was very fat with a full crop of corn, soybean and green grass. Let's hope this winter continues to be mild in order to the help make more turkeys. :D
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » January 4th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Congrats, Charlie. Boy, Vic looks as sad as any dog that the season is over!

dewey

Postby dewey » January 4th, 2012, 1:54 pm

charlie elk wrote:Let me know when Dewey. WI just might have the best fall hunting in the nation.

I enjoeyd my trip to Wisconsin last spring and I am looking forward to going back there again. I am looking forward to the day when we can hunt together.

charlie elk wrote:
dewey wrote:How many turkeys did you and Vic get this fall?

This is a question I hesitate to answer for fear someone would get jealous and put a limit on the tags we can purchase. I filled all my tags and bought a few more to support turkey management in WI. ;)

Completely understandable. Either way it sounds like you and Vic had a great time together. I was just telling the wifey last night how you got to hunt until 12-31 and how jealous I was. I dont think she shared my jealousy :lol:

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 5th, 2012, 12:27 am

charlie elk wrote:Told Vic the season as done making this the last turkey and his face says it all.

:D :D :D Love that look on Vic's face.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 8th, 2012, 10:30 am

Congrats to you and Vic on a great season Charlie. :D
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 9th, 2012, 7:22 pm

if you read this charlie elk check ur PMs i have been reciveing your PMs with no trouble
i left u a PM

Return to Wisconsin