what a deal!!!!!!

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
trkyklr

what a deal!!!!!!

Postby trkyklr » September 16th, 2008, 1:51 am

i just thought i would let the world know about my lucky deal i have ran across i had a guy trade me an 870 express (3")w/kicks 650 choke & factory choke (skyline camo) that has only been shot 27 times for my old PSE baby g bow & a 1/2 dozen arrows im so stoked cant wait for the fall shotgun season here in tn ,figure ill try to patern it one evening this week ,ive always shot a mossberg with # 6 shot any suggestions for the remington (oh yeah & clark it only has a 21" barrel)

allaboutshooting

RE: what a deal!!!!!!

Postby allaboutshooting » October 14th, 2008, 6:07 pm

Hey Ken,

I'm sorry that I did not see this post sooner. Congratulations on your new gun. I'm a true 870 fan. You also have a fine choke in that Kick's .650. I like that choke a lot and I also like that e.d.

I have barrels for 870's that range from 21" to 30". I have 1 barrel that's 21" long that shoots good patterns. I always find that barrels 26" or longer shoot better patterns but that does not mean that a shorter barrel won't shoot good patterns.

With that 21" barrel and the Kick's .650 choke, I'd shoot either 3" Winchester Xtended Range Hi-Density shotshells with 1.75 oz. of #6 shot or the 3" Winchester HV (Black Shells) with 1.75 oz. of #6 lead shot.

If that barrel and choke are "deep cleaned", I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the patterns you get.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Shooting