RECURVE SHOOTER..

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
mark hay

RECURVE SHOOTER..

Postby mark hay » October 15th, 2008, 1:22 pm

zipperman351,,,, ain't seen anything lately from clin.co.  been slingin' arrows ?  ventilate a bird ?  one afternoon last week i saw a fellow standing on a front porch holding a recurve. it was in southridge ,wilm. thought it might be you.                      ''ostt''

zipperman351

RE: RECURVE SHOOTER..

Postby zipperman351 » October 15th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Yes that was me,just got in from the deer hunt no luck.The corn is still up,been working till 5 and no turkey hunting yet...been shooting the zipper in the back yard to stay fresh....thanks for coming back about this....where do you live in highland county??...Russ Grimes,,,,zipperman

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 15th, 2008, 3:19 pm

hello russ, i live about 8 miles south of hillsboro on rt 247 . a little spot in the road called FOLSOM. i drive by your place every afternoon on my way torward home. i've been out 3 times in pursuit of a longbeard. twice with bow . so far i've just seen brood flocks and hen flocks , with the exception of one red headed tom of unknown age that showed up with the hens. they were about 300 yards away and by the time i got moved on them the heat was up and they went to the woods for cooler air , or so i suspect. anyway they would not answer nor come to my calling efforts. cooler weather is on its way and hunting will only get better.  later  ''ostt''

zipperman351

Postby zipperman351 » October 16th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Sounds great.hope the cool weather helps,just try to stay ahead of them,,,went out this eving and just got to windy on me and no deer moving,,,they cant smell very welllll..Good luck turkey hunting...russ

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion