Hi, from Georgia

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
dewey

Re: Hi, from Georgia

Postby dewey » January 3rd, 2012, 10:33 pm

Great picture Clyde! Just out of curiosity how close were you to that Eastern? Did that gobbler provide you with a before and after picture?
:D

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Kadiddlehopper

Postby Kadiddlehopper » January 3rd, 2012, 10:52 pm

dewey wrote:Great picture Clyde! Just out of curiosity how close were you to that Eastern? Did that gobbler provide you with a before and after picture?
:D

Dewey

Mr.Dewey, Most people absolutely do NOT believe me when I tell them how close that bird was! There was 2 of them. one out of fram to the right. the one on the right I had to push back..With my hand in order to get the shot. The one on the right was trying to Peck my head !
I set-up in a "some what" dry creek. The two of them strutted in from about 60 yards, zig-zag ing ,but in full display the whole time.
so I don't have a before the strut (If that is what you mean)? I've gotten that close several times , in the last two years , three times last year, and hope to do it again in the next few weeks. once the season starts, they won't come in that close...before my son pulls the trigger..lol
Take what you eat.......And Eat what you Take !!

Kadiddlehopper

Postby Kadiddlehopper » January 3rd, 2012, 10:59 pm

Turkeybuster wrote:Welcome to the forum Clyde that is some photography there what a picture. Good to have you aboard.

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for the welcome....Sorry I overlooked your post somehow. I have many pictures, that is what i live for !

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » January 4th, 2012, 12:16 am

Hey Clyde, would you like to share where these gobblers are that walk right up next to you and actually let you touch them without running off ? Sounds like an ideal place to hunt. :lol: Please, don't take me the wrong way because I do mean it in good humor.

That is a great picture. I believe what Dewey was asking about before and after was, did you shoot the gobbler?

Kadiddlehopper

Postby Kadiddlehopper » January 4th, 2012, 1:15 pm

kygobbler wrote:Hey Clyde, would you like to share where these gobblers are that walk right up next to you and actually let you touch them without running off ? Sounds like an ideal place to hunt. :lol: Please, don't take me the wrong way because I do mean it in good humor.

That is a great picture. I believe what Dewey was asking about before and after was, did you shoot the gobbler?

No and No...lol I photograph the Turkeys before the season/presure....so I didn't kill him. I do hunt tho, but my son mostly ,is the one that pulls the trigger. during the season I can't get nearly that close....once the hunting pressure is on they get camera shy !

dewey

Postby dewey » January 4th, 2012, 2:04 pm

That is awesome that they get that close to you. Do you call them in for your photography? Or do you just use the "here turkey, turkey, turkey" :lol: ? I would never have imagined that they get that close but I guess I have had hens walk within 3-4 feet of me before.

When you get some more photos please post them on here as I am sure we would all appreciate them.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Kadiddlehopper

Postby Kadiddlehopper » January 4th, 2012, 8:25 pm

dewey wrote:That is awesome that they get that close to you. Do you call them in for your photography? Or do you just use the "here turkey, turkey, turkey" :lol: ? I would never have imagined that they get that close but I guess I have had hens walk within 3-4 feet of me before.

When you get some more photos please post them on here as I am sure we would all appreciate them.

Dewey

I suspect that they would get that close during the season If permitted . There is a bit of technique to how I do it .
First off the creek bed, bank, is chest high, so only my head can be seen ,and looks like it's on the ground . the "Human" figure is not seen .
when I enter the woods I NEVER march ,I look like Elmer Fudd. I take a step (Without breaking a limb ) look around for any movement . then take a step, look, Take a step and jump two steps...Trying to sound like a big squirrel . I do this till i get to my spot in the creek .The spot in the creek is a place where the turkeys have passed by every year for the last three years . that spot has pee bushes (Food) and water ,regardless what they eat ,they must have water! The rest is a big seciret.. But I may try "Here Turkey,turkey, turkey !" :lol:
Also note, that I'm in the woods most every day (My lunch break) If the turkeys aren't around I make the one mile hike through the woods and photo what ever is there. sometimes thats birds, sometimes that is deer,or any manner of Game .I do this every day of the week.
Weekends I go to differant places, but still will be Hunting ,fishing or diving ,with camera in tow .

As far as more photographs.........I have Many . I have been looking for "Forum rules" about posting personal web sites ,But don't see any "Rules "at all ?? I do have more than one web site ,but the one I tend to direct folks to is my Flickr.the photos are web sized ,so ( although copyrighted ) if someone was to steel them ,they are so small they wont print well .
If this is not permissible I will gladly take the link down!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keakaphoto/

There is a set of turkey photos on the right side ,if you don't want to scan through years of various photos.

Kadiddlehopper

Postby Kadiddlehopper » January 4th, 2012, 8:50 pm

For anyone who wishes to not go to the link.

You can see the second bird to the right ,Keep in mind this is not the same day as the first photo .The low angle is from being in the creek ,and there are hens in the back ground. for the photogs in here .the focal length was 28mm small crop but not by much . after this I guess I will post in the photo section ??

BluMtnGobbler

Postby BluMtnGobbler » January 4th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Clyde, Welcome to the forum. Great pix!
Brian

Kadiddlehopper

Postby Kadiddlehopper » January 4th, 2012, 9:43 pm

BluMtnGobbler wrote:Clyde, Welcome to the forum. Great pix!

Thanks for the welcome , Brian!

PreviousNext

Return to New Members of the Forum