Hey just a reminder to all of the MN turkey hunters out there that the deadline for the spring lottery is January 13th 2012. Also be familiar with what zone you are in as the number of zones has changed from 81 to 12. You will need to apply if you plan to hunt in time periods A-D but time periods E-H are over the counter.
Here is a link to the MN DNR turkey hunting website.http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/turkey/index.html
- Dates: April 18-22, April 23-27, April 28-May 2, May 3-7, May 8-12, May 13-17, May 18-24, May 25-31.
- Limit: One (1) bearded turkey per season.
- License: $23.00 resident turkey hunting license; or $83.00 nonresident turkey hunting license 18 and over. Resident and nonresident youth under 18 by April 18, 2012, $12.00. - Wild Turkey Stamp: The $5.00 turkey stamp fee is included in the fee for the license, if you want a pictorial stamp mailed, an additional $2.00 fee will be charged.
- Methods of Take: Shotguns 20 gauge or larger, # 4
or smaller diameter fine shot, or legal bow and arrow.
- Shooting Hours: One half hour before sunrise to sunset.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi
"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer