MN DNR 2012 spring application deadline

dewey

MN DNR 2012 spring application deadline

Postby dewey » December 26th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Hey just a reminder to all of the MN turkey hunters out there that the deadline for the spring lottery is January 13th 2012. Also be familiar with what zone you are in as the number of zones has changed from 81 to 12. You will need to apply if you plan to hunt in time periods A-D but time periods E-H are over the counter.

Here is a link to the MN DNR turkey hunting website.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/turkey/index.html

- Dates: April 18-22, April 23-27, April 28-May 2, May 3-7, May 8-12, May 13-17, May 18-24, May 25-31.
- Limit: One (1) bearded turkey per season.
- License: $23.00 resident turkey hunting license; or $83.00 nonresident turkey hunting license 18 and over. Resident and nonresident youth under 18 by April 18, 2012, $12.00. - Wild Turkey Stamp: The $5.00 turkey stamp fee is included in the fee for the license, if you want a pictorial stamp mailed, an additional $2.00 fee will be charged.
- Methods of Take: Shotguns 20 gauge or larger, # 4
or smaller diameter fine shot, or legal bow and arrow.
- Shooting Hours: One half hour before sunrise to sunset.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

turkey junky

Re: MN DNR 2012 spring application deadline

Postby turkey junky » December 26th, 2011, 10:41 pm

in MINNESOTA this spring we can also use a cross bow with our regular firearms turkey license just so we all know... could of used it dureing the fall season also... just cant use it for a archery only tag/area/unit if we still have them??? CROSS BOWS NOW LEGAL WITH FIREARMS TAG...

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » December 28th, 2011, 8:31 am

How many rule changes did the MN DNR make for the 2012 Turkey season ?
Looks like you need a copy of the rules and a lawyer at all times...
I hope the customer service reps on the MN DNR hot line brush up on the changes !
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

dewey

Postby dewey » December 28th, 2011, 2:34 pm

arrowsonly wrote:How many rule changes did the MN DNR make for the 2012 Turkey season ?

I am not sure what all the changes are but I know when the application deadline is and what changes directly affect me. Such as the zone consolidation and zone re-numbering.

Here are a few of the changes that the MN DNR pointed out at the beginning.

New this year: It is not necessary to enter into the lottery for time periods E through H. The E through H time periods will be available to anyone. The E through H time period licenses will be sold as a surplus license at ELS agent locations in mid March.

All youth age 17 and younger by April 18, 2012 can purchase a youth turkey license over the counter to hunt any single time period A-H beginning March 1, 2012. Youth must select a time period and permit area. Any youth 17 and younger by April 18, 2012 need not apply for the lottery and will be rejected from the lottery.

Wild Turkey Permits areas have been consolidated to 12 areas for 2012.

Archery only licenses for 2012 are valid for the last four time periods, May 8-31. Winners in the lottery are not eligible to purchase archery only permits.

As far as I know there are not any archery only zones but I could be wrong since I don't bow hunt. I believe my buddies and I got our plans narrowed down to time period C for zone 507.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » January 8th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Our group is also going with time period C Dewey, area 501. Looking forward to having pretty much the entire driftless region at my disposal!

Return to Minnesota