2012 Spring Contest Sign-Up

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Gobblerman

2012 Spring Contest Sign-Up

Postby Gobblerman » December 21st, 2011, 11:59 am

We're Back!! Yes, Once again, the Mother of All Turkey Hunting Contests is back for 2012! :mrgreen:
To get things rolling along, we are going to go ahead and start registering participants. First and foremost, the contest is "just for fun"! There are no prizes,...unless you consider being able to needle your buddies for a while to be a prize.

Everybody that wants to participate in the contest should sign up under this thread. The final day for signing up will be February 28th. Teams will be determined shortly thereafter. Total number of teams and team members per team will be based on the total number of participants we end up with.

There has been some discussion since last year's contest about whether to keep it the same or make some changes in the format. We want the contest to be as fair as possible for everybody. Friendly suggestions, comments, and discussion are welcome, but if we cannot come to some sort of consensus about any changes that are proposed, I will use my authority as "Contest Dictator" (unless someone else wants to take that position) and make the final decision about it. (I'm sure I will be a popular fellow if and when I have to do that!).

First thing....Just like last year, every entrant must agree to participate within the spirit of the contest by agreeing to the oath as follows:
Oath of Ethics and Participation: I understand that this contest is completely on the honor system. I agree to compete fairly and ethically in the contest. Further, I pledge to participate fully in the contest and accurately and truly report the results of my hunting this spring . By signing up for the contest, I agree to abide by the Oath.

If you can't abide by the oath, don't enter the contest! We had some people in the 2011 contest that disappeared on us, and this has not gone unnoticed. I will review the participants we had and make note of the names that vanished. If they show up again, I will put them in my "special category". (...we all know the old "fool me once...fool me twice" saying)

Sign-up information needed: (the format for the contest will continue to be discussed for a while, but this information will be used to aid in placement of team members)
1) Your forum name
2) Your location and subspecies of turkey you will be hunting this spring
3) Your estimation of your hunting experience: beginner, some experience, very experienced (choose one)
4) Your estimation as to how many gobblers you think you will harvest this spring: 0, 1, 2-3, 4 or more (choose one)

Let's have some fun!

Duke0002

Re: 2012 Spring Contest Sign-Up

Postby Duke0002 » December 21st, 2011, 1:06 pm

Thanks for doing this Gman!

I'm in. Do I get a prize for being the first to register??? :lol: JK.

1) Duke0002
2) Iowa and Ohio -Easterns
3) Very Experienced
4) 3 birds

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » December 21st, 2011, 2:16 pm

I'm in, gotta make up for last year!

1) Fan Club
2) Michigan, Wisconsin- Easterns, Kansas- Rios
3) Very Experienced
4) 3 gobblers
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

dewey

Postby dewey » December 21st, 2011, 7:37 pm

I'm in. The prize of being able to talk smack is more than enough for me. :D
1) Dewey
2) Minnesota (Eastern) & Kansas (Rio's)
3) Some experience
4) 3 birds (1 MN & 2 KS)

This was a LOT of fun last year and I am looking forward to the contest again this year.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » December 21st, 2011, 8:52 pm

I am in,this was alot of fun last year.
1-rbewilson
2-Tenn./eastern
3-I guess very experienced
4-4 gobblers
Last edited by rbewilson on December 24th, 2011, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » December 21st, 2011, 11:09 pm

hey there Jim, i'm in

ylpnfol will;

be huntn easterns in va.

hopefully i will stumble across 2-3 unlucky contestants

i have been called very lucky, i mean experienced.....i prefer Lucky

every gun makes its own tune.....

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » December 22nd, 2011, 1:58 am

Yaahooo!!! I'm glad to see this getting started.

1. kygobbler
2. KY, easterns
3. very experience
4. only 2

Thanks for doing this G-man :D

eggshell

Postby eggshell » December 22nd, 2011, 7:31 am

well,I guess I'll get in this year. I usually don't care much for contest, but this one seems harmless. It appears that everyone played fair and was good sports, although; I'm still not sure the acme system, that a certain two hunters used, is a legal hunting method!

1.) Eggshell
2.) Easterns in Ohio & Ky; Osceola
3.) Very Experienced
4.) 3-5 birds
5.) after 40 years I'm still not as smart as a bird with a nut sized brain, what special consideration does that get me?
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » December 22nd, 2011, 1:20 pm

cant get rid of me that e.z. i cant post pics on-line but would love to mail them 2 somebody & they could help a turkey junky out & post my pics???

1.)turkey junky
2.)FL?-(osceolas) MN?,WI-(easterns) OK,KS-(rio grandes) NE,MT (merriams)
3.)?verry? experienced
4.)3-5 gobblers ?i hope?

the ol man has a few heart issues going on so thats why the ? after some of the states ill most likely make it to MN 4 sure... FL is the big? but the ol man wants to head down for his b-day 3/8/12 so u never know??? we only need a osceola 4 our slams so... GOBBLERMAN if any medical issues arise with my dad & i dont make it to out 2 hunt 4 some reason? i wont just up & disappear ill at least let u know NO DOUBT...

dewey

Postby dewey » December 23rd, 2011, 6:07 pm

turkey junky wrote:i cant post pics on-line but would love to mail them 2 somebody & they could help a turkey junky out & post my pics???

Send me a PM with your email address and I will reply to you with mine and then I can post the pictures for you. Also if you want there are some instructions on the help and rules thread I made a while back. I may also hit you up for some information on hunting in KS as I will be hunting down near Hutchinson next spring.

Merry Christmas.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Next

Return to Base Camp