north east indiana public land now regulated

gobblerINfecttion

north east indiana public land now regulated

Postby gobblerINfecttion » March 23rd, 2011, 3:06 pm

hey,as my first post, i'd like to let any indiana hunters know about the satellite areas of pidgeon river fwa.it seems that the powers that be have now made the first 5 days of season on the two sat areas on a pre-reserve drawing format. up until this up coming 2011 season any hunter could sign in and hunt.now we are restricted to not only pick just one area to hunt,but also only one date in the first 5 days of season.futhermore,you must appear in person @pidgeon river fwa to get an application.it must be received through the mail no later than 03/31/2001 by 12 noon to be eligible in the drawing.i haven't found out if the hunting hours for those properties have changed to 1p.m. or if they run until sunset as before.

backwaterbob

Re: north east indiana public land now regulated

Postby backwaterbob » December 12th, 2011, 9:11 pm

;) gobblerINfection yes there always changing things up there. I live in the fort and fish the river for trout and a lot of times we hear then gobbling early.
bwb

Steve_In

Re: north east indiana public land now regulated

Postby Steve_In » December 13th, 2011, 9:00 am

The drive over to the areas will be a long one from Mongo. My guess is they were getting more pressure which leads to hunter conflicts. Talked to a guy that deer hunted Deniston. He said you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting someone in orange. :lol:
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to Indiana