N.Y. UPDATE

grizzly

N.Y. UPDATE

Postby grizzly » October 23rd, 2011, 4:25 pm

well the season so far hasn't been going to well so far . there dosen't seem to be a large number of turkeys this year . i haven't seen to much of any sign as well i hunted an orchard today where i have seen some birds didn't see or hear a turkey all day luckly there are a fare number of grouse and cottontails this year so i swap out my full choke for a mod and switch shells and do some small game hunting on my back to the truck . i was wondering how the rest of the N.Y guys are making out...wayne

retranger

Re: N.Y. UPDATE

Postby retranger » November 8th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Well I am back on, nothing has gone well for a while. :( My spring season was not good at all. I did get a nice tom but didn't hunt only 5 days for health reasons. August went in for a minor surgery on colon,,,, 4 surgerys since for complications and still recovering. No fall hunting season for anything. Computer gave out as well but the main problem was with Time Warner, thats hopefully is on the mends also. Now the web site has a new lift to get used to. Us older folks don't like changes but will work on getting used to it. Hoping things will return to normal over the winter. :D :D
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Postby grizzly » November 8th, 2011, 4:41 pm

CHIN UP OLD BOY .. Doug sorry to hear about the health problems but with a little FAITH and time things will get better. we'll try to keep your spirits up by talking turkey....wayne

grizzly

Postby grizzly » November 18th, 2011, 4:05 pm

well fall turkey season closes today and it looks like if i want turkey for Thanksgiving i'm going to have to go to the store . this was i have to say the worst season in 20 years i had only one sighting and that was just four birds i can only hope that things get better for the spring .deer season is up next then i can turn my full attention to lowering the coyote numbers the rest of the winter....wayne

eggshell

Postby eggshell » November 18th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Sorry to hear that Grizz. It has been a tough season in Ohio too. I have held out for a gobbler and passed hens and poults until now and I can't get on birds now. When I do something goes wrong. Although I should have tagged my bird yesterday. I got on birds off the roost in a new area and they worked great, but the hen I had a shot on was in a a bunch of sticks and limbs and I tried to shoot her through a hole in the brush. She was around 25 yards and I thought I could squeeze a load through that small opening, wrong. I have one week left, man I have not eaten tag soup in 10 years, spring or fall, and only once in the last 20!
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » December 2nd, 2011, 2:53 pm

First things first, hows it goin everybody. havnt been on for a while, was to busy bass fishing in the summer and been doin a lot of deer hunting. I never got to go hunting once for turkeys. Because im going to college, whenever i got a chance to go home it was to deer hunt because deer fill the freezer a lot better than turkeys do. I saw plenty of turkeys though. There was this one group of six i saw every time that i hunted this one alfalfa field, but alas, i was deer hunting. had them 20 yards behind me one time and would have tried a shot but i was on the ground, and like i said, they were behind me. My brother saw a group of 5 massive gobblers twice over there though so i think i got another spot come may, which i cant wait for!
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Return to New York