Colorado 2011 Spring Turkey Season

Rocky

Colorado 2011 Spring Turkey Season

Postby Rocky » February 25th, 2011, 11:19 am

Looking to get into the woods in march to set up cams and do some pre- season scouting. I have some new areas I found to hold spring turkeys but I am focusing on just two of those for now.
I have my usual honey hole if the new ones don't pan out. I have been observing some Rios strutting and gobbling after fly down recently.

How many Colorado turkey hunters do we have here? Are you set for this springs hunting season?

Treerooster

RE: Colorado 2011 Spring Turkey Season

Postby Treerooster » February 25th, 2011, 5:41 pm

Not too many CO hunters on here judging by the fact that the last post here was almost a year ago.[:-]

Man its dusty in here...eh?[:D]

Not totally set for spring yet. Waiting for draw results from several states yet, including CO.

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » February 27th, 2011, 7:31 am

I just returned from my first ever trip out west. I went sking at Copper Mt. and stayed in Frisco. Beautiful place you fellas live in. I'm not much of a skier and used this short 4 day trip to see how I would handle the altitude. I would love to hunt in Co some time and now  feel comfortable knowing the Rocky Mt high thing will work out. My question is, if planning a trip what part of CO would you suggest? thanks!
live to hunt hunt to live

dustinwise

Postby dustinwise » February 27th, 2011, 11:05 am

Yes, set for this spring season; can't wait!!

Huntingdad

Postby Huntingdad » March 6th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Hi Colorado Turkey Hunters-

Just found this site tonight. Yes, I am getting ready for spring hunting. Just picked up a new box call as well as some mouth calls. We were practicing in the house but were told to stop by my wife. She does not understand the reason for Turkey Hunting! My son and I have a place to hunt that we have been successful but we are using maps and the DOW resources to locate other possiblities that may be closer to home. I can't wait to get out there in the woods! Good to be hooked up with like minded people.
Thanks, Huntingdad

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » March 7th, 2011, 12:49 am

ORIGINAL: turkaholic

I just returned from my first ever trip out west. I went sking at Copper Mt. and stayed in Frisco. Beautiful place you fellas live in. I'm not much of a skier and used this short 4 day trip to see how I would handle the altitude. I would love to hunt in Co some time and now  feel comfortable knowing the Rocky Mt high thing will work out. My question is, if planning a trip what part of CO would you suggest? thanks!

Sout West or South Central has turkeys and lots of public land. I have never seen turkeys much above 8500 feet in the spring and don't think they would go much higher then. I have heard of gobblers going up to 10000 ft, but not until summer.

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » March 10th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Thanks for the info rooster!
live to hunt hunt to live

seanpual123

Re: Colorado 2011 Spring Turkey Season

Postby seanpual123 » October 18th, 2011, 5:10 am

Colorado season is really good i like spring season...

Kingkong

Postby Kingkong » January 28th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Turkeys are one of the most important fact of colorado facts. People are doing a big mistake that they are hunting turkeys. Its not acceptable, for this mistake the environment can be bad, So, i am not ready for hunting.

dustinwise

Postby dustinwise » January 29th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Kingkong wrote:Turkeys are one of the most important fact of colorado facts. People are doing a big mistake that they are hunting turkeys. Its not acceptable, for this mistake the environment can be bad, So, i am not ready for hunting.

And why is this?

Next

Return to Colorado