C'mon Oct. 8th

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
mark hay

C'mon Oct. 8th

Postby mark hay » October 2nd, 2011, 7:56 pm

As mentioned a few times in the past , ''I'm fiddle string tight'' with anxiety in anticipation of the opener . Even though I found only a tiny amount of sign today I am not discouraged in the least . I know them ''HIGH PRESSURED LONGBEARDS '' are in there among the ridges , breaks and hollers of the 4000+acres of public land .
Mast crop is down . Grain crop is minimal inside the area . They're feeding somewhere ! That's half the fun , just locating where they are hanging out and feeding ,and in some cases fighting .

Keep your eyes on the ground and your ears to the woods ,,,,,,,you'll locate them monarchs .

Best wishes Boys

Cut N Run

Re: C'mon Oct. 8th

Postby Cut N Run » October 3rd, 2011, 9:20 am

Good Luck to you, Mark & all who have a Fall turkey season. I'll be patiently waiting on a deer stand to skewer more deer. So far I've seen no shooter bucks, they're around though.

I hope you tag what you're after. Meanwhile, I'm scouting turkeys as I deer hunt and waiting (& waiting & waiting) for next Spring to arrive.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » October 3rd, 2011, 7:44 pm

I won't make it out opening day, but planning on Sunday afternoon and evening. Can't wait. Still some scouting to do this week.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 4th, 2011, 6:16 pm

I hear you Duke on the scouting . I plan on being in the woods at roost time Friday evening and hopefully locate something to start with on Saturday .

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » October 5th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Should be a good opener there in OH. My son says he is seeing lots of turkeys all over in Adams county. He'll be out with his Keena turkey dog.
Good luck to all.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 6th, 2011, 7:27 pm

Adams County ? Charlie , that's getting close . Your son hunting private or public? If public what's the name of the area ?
I'd surely like to run into him while hunting .

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » October 6th, 2011, 11:36 pm

good things seem to happen on oct. 8, my birthday :D , good luck to you, my first week of fall hunting is in the record books, had one opportunity at some really TROPHY tenderloins, but i couldn't do it, faint spots on his rump saved his butt [ getting soft in my old age i guess ], finding alot of turkey sign at one location, and heard some fly up at another, so when the 24th [ i think ] rolls around we'll put down the stick and string and break out the calls, again, good luck mark, looking forward to the story and pic .....
David

You never know, unless you go

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » October 7th, 2011, 10:58 am

Adams County ? Charlie , that's getting close . Your son hunting private or public? If public what's the name of the area ?
I'd surely like to run into him while hunting .

I do not know the name of the public area he hunts I have not had the chance to hunt in OH with him yet. He also has permission on private land. He is not sure where to hunt this weekend because during his scouting there were turkeys everywhere checked. Now if the turkeys remain there during the season opener that is another thing....
Good hunting.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Return to Fall Hunting