New Forum FAQ

Have a question about the Turkey and Turkey Hunting forum? You'll find the answers here.

Moderator: Brian Lovett

Ben Sobieck

New Forum FAQ

Postby Ben Sobieck » August 17th, 2011, 12:48 pm

• Why can't I log in? I was a member on the old forum.

You need to reset your password. Go here to do that:

http://www.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/l ... stpassword

Your new username/password will work on both our new website and our forum.

• How do I register as a new member?

First, make sure you haven't already registered your e-mail address as a member. Use the lost password link above. If you receive a message saying a new password has been sent to your e-mail, check your e-mail. If you receive a message saying that the e-mail address isn't registered, go here to register:

http://turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/login ... /index.php

The user name/password you designate will also allow you to leave comments on turkeyandturkeyhunting.com

• I can't remember if I'm a member or not. What should I do?

Just follow the steps in the question above.

• What happened to my posts?

Although rare, some posts may have been lost when we moved forums.

• Why does it say I last logged in many months ago?

This is also a side effect of moving to the new forum.

• What happened to my avatar?

That may also have been lost in the transition. Reset your image in your profile.

Note: Pro Staffers with missing Pro Staff avatars should contact Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

• I don't like the new font size. Can I change it?

Yes. In the upper right, you'll see an A with arrows on either side of it. Clicking that will adjust the font size.

• Why did you move the forum? I liked the old one.

Change can be a temporary nuisance, especially on a forum you've come to call home. But it was time for an upgrade. In August 2011, Turkey & Turkey Hunting launched a new website, enhanced its blogs and moved to a new forum platform. These changes will allow Turkey & Turkey Hunting to provide you with a better online experience.

• I have more questions. Who can I contact?

There's a more comprehensive FAQ here:

http://www.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/forum/faq.php

Please direct all questions to the forum administrator, Ben Sobieck, at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

• Is turkey season here yet?

We wish!

BigBuckeye

Re: New Forum FAQ

Postby BigBuckeye » August 19th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Love the new format Ben :!: :!: :!:
I can't get any sleep!!!

Arnie

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » August 19th, 2011, 2:08 pm

Thanks! I played a part, but I definitely wasn't the only one who worked on this. Much credit is due to our crack development team who helped move everything over and, of course, the entire T&TH crew.

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » August 23rd, 2011, 8:41 am

Welcome back, everyone. Hope you enjoy the new website and forum. Please let us know what you think!

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » August 25th, 2011, 8:54 am

Brian Lovett wrote:Welcome back, everyone. Hope you enjoy the new website and forum. Please let us know what you think!

I am having a hard time with the new forum...but I am a computer dummy. :D

Please bare with me as I am not fluent in forum lingo.

On most forums when you click on a post you have read, but with several new posts on it, you are taken to the first post that you haven't read yet and then there are others below it. On this forum you either go to the very last post or the very first post in the thread.

Is there a way to set up my preferences so that when I click on a post I go to the first post I haven't read?

In the different forums...General discussion, Strategies...etc, when there is a new post that I haven't read it is pink instead of blue. If I have read every post in a particular forum it turns blue. However if I don't read every single post in a particular forum it remains pink. Since I don't have time to read every single post it won't be long before all the particular forums are pink.

Is there a way for me to set it up so that once I visit a particular forum and there are no new posts addded since I was in that forum that it is blue even though I may have not read every post?
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » August 25th, 2011, 9:21 am

Those are features that we'll look into providing, Treerooster. If you want to see new posts for the day in general (not specific to any one thread), there is a link for that near the top of the page.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » August 25th, 2011, 10:50 am

Hey Ben, whats the deal with the friends or foe selection? Heck I thought we all got along on here pretty well. :?
Is it turkey season yet?

Return to Welcome to the Turkey and Turkey Hunting Forum