Good to be Back!...

Gobblerman

Good to be Back!...

Postby Gobblerman » August 19th, 2011, 11:02 am

Well, it looks like the forum is up and running again. Time for us NM boys to check in. Let us know if you are still out there in T&TH land..... :D

Jim

Tom21inNM

Re: Good to be Back!...

Postby Tom21inNM » November 4th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Got my tag last week, We were on a Muley hunt down in the Gilas, all weekend we saw Birds in the area. Come Tuesday first day of Turkey season they all dissapear. Headed for the Jemez Mountains this weekend to try and fill one for the fall season.
Yeah my names Tom, guess I am a bit of a Turkey myself!

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » December 1st, 2011, 9:23 am

How did you end up doing on your fall turkey hunt, Tom? ....I didn't even buy a tag for the fall hunt again this year. Thought hard about it for a while since the season had been extended, but ended up not doing it. ...Too many other distractions this time of year.
Jim

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » December 6th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Went out one last time before Thanksgiving, but had a couple tag alongs that were more run and gun then sit and wait. We saw plenty of tracks that were that morning fresh. But trying to stalk turkey in crunching snow was a dead end. And I could not convince the people I was with to sit still. I think for Spring I am going to invest in a blind and set up alone.
Yeah my names Tom, guess I am a bit of a Turkey myself!

Return to New Mexico