fishercats

turkaholic

fishercats

Postby turkaholic » February 5th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Just wondering if anyone else in CT has noticed a decline in the amount of turkeys. I believe the last few years have been fairly good for poults. I know the state DEP has reintroduced Fishercats in CT. I have had fishers come right to my calls,3 times last year. They are mostly night feeders and can climb very well. Sounds like an easy meal to climb a tree at night and chow on roosted birds. I have seen no kill sites with feathers on my outings can't help to wonder if anyone else has noticed anything.
live to hunt hunt to live

shadow

RE: fishercats

Postby shadow » February 8th, 2009, 12:55 pm

Yes. Late in the fall of 2007 I always saw a flock of roughly 15 birds making their way across the fields from my cousins and generally traveling throughout the area. Last winter didn't seem to bad at all and all I saw last spring was one jake. I don't know what happened to all the rest? I haven't seen any turkey at all on over 85 acres since May. I also have trail cams and a corn feeder set up since last April, you would think they would be around for that. As far as fisher cats, haven't seen any of them either.

Return to Connecticut