Casada's article rubbed me the wrong way

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
turkey junky

RE: Casada's article rubbed me the wrong way

Postby turkey junky » July 7th, 2011, 3:37 am

ive had my best & worst hunts on on heavy hunted public land that hunters from across america have hunted that season! on public land out west ive had days wear it was allmost eazy to tag a turkey & wear it couldnt be done
but i have a question about the florida wma being as good as any private land leased or not!!! ive been to florida & hunted a area with 20-70 other hunters from all over america im from minnesota & THERE ISNT ANY PUBLIC WMAS IN TRUE OSCEOLA COUNTRY AKA AROUND OKEECHOBEE & SOUTH THAT HAVE E.Z. OR BETTER HUNTING THEN ON A PRIVATE LAND LEASE OR OTHERWISE! in any state let alone florida!!! if u r talking a limited quota or special oppertuneity then i beleave you them hunts are in OSCEOLA COUNTRY & are great & can compaire to private becouse they basicly are private!!! if you are talking about a florida wma that is in north florida or above that LAKE OKEECHOBEE area they could be & are often not true blood OSCEOLA & there for a waste of time!!! public land turkeys dont get hunted any harder then they do in south florida PERIOD!!
they have hunters from all over comeing down there each & every yr trying to tag them!!! each wk a new wave of turkey hunters that are turkey killers in there home state head to florida & edgeucate osceolas more & more to the point they dont want to gobble any more!!! private land in florida the osceolas at least gobble at some point of the season not so on public land!!! if they gobble on a south florida wma remember it write it down it was a special day!!! & there are other hunters that herd him & heading that towrds the gobbler & he most likely will die if he keeps gobbleing!!! NO OTHER STATE HAS THAT KIND OF TURKEY HUNTING PRESSURE & TURKEYS EFFECTED BY IT SO MUCH AS FLORIDA!!! so there for its hard to beleave that you have found the hidden FLORIDA OSCEOLA
PUBLIC WMA HONEY HOLE/ONLY UN PRESSURED BIRDS... ive also hunted private land & not herd a gobble & seen a bird but that dosent mean they were not there or that they were any harder then a FLORIDA WMA GOBBLER? it just mean they were else wear that day!!! ive never herd a OSCEOLA gobble in florida!!! well maybe 1 time im not sure i mite have but they are tite lipped on PUBLIC LAND IN SOUTH FLORIDA no denying that fact!!! all threwout the south there are some TUFF TUFF birds with tite lips/beaks but not like SOUTH FLORIDA!!!

onpoint

Postby onpoint » July 14th, 2011, 1:07 pm

if you are talking about a florida wma

Kinda gettin' off the Oseolas for a minute, but still in same vein of tuff birds. Let 'em try it in NW FL wmas like Econfina or Eglin. Rumor has it the Lohman team came with plans to stay for a week a couple yrs ago, but left after 3 days[:-] 'cause they never even heard a gobble and saw nothin' but hens.
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » July 18th, 2011, 8:45 am

the lohman team isnt alone i was in south florida 2 seasons ago & had the exact same expeirence seen tons of hens in gun range but never herd a gobble or seen a tom/jake on the WMA we hunted it 4 days hard!!! same the other 2 days in a more southern WMA TRUE OSCEOLAS are hard head birds
have tons of hens there for no reason for them to gobble!!! public land OSCEOLAS kicked my tail while i was in FLORIDA i wont hunt in north FLORIDA till i harvest a TRUE OSCEOLA in the southern part of the state then ill try for a northern FLORIDA bird & hope he they willing to work a bit better

Previous

Return to Magazine Feedback