adjustable sight

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
kcfishnerd

adjustable sight

Postby kcfishnerd » February 1st, 2009, 10:36 am

I am looking to put an adjustable sight on a plain barrel 20 gauge for my nephew.  The gun shoots low and to the left at 30 yrds. so I thought this would help get it on target.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

allaboutshooting

RE: adjustable sight

Postby allaboutshooting » February 1st, 2009, 12:14 pm

http://www.truglosights.com/content/products/firearm/turkey/category.asp

This will get you to the spot for Truglo. They make some excellent adjustable sights for shotguns.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

kcfishnerd

Postby kcfishnerd » February 1st, 2009, 12:46 pm

Thanks for the link.  I am wondering how these would mount on the gun beings there is no rib.  I have seen magnetic or clip on sights but I do not know how adjustable those are.

howl

Postby howl » February 5th, 2009, 5:19 am

I don't think anyone makes sights exactly for that. Williams may make a universal of the appropriate diameter that you could put on with epoxy. H&R may have some as well. You'll have to measure the barrel and then go looking. Look at both universals and those for muzzleloaders. I'd score the barrel real well and use Devcon Plastic Steel. Would also quadruple check that I was mounting to the centerline of the bore.

If you want it done professionally http://www.guncustomizing.com/ does that sort of thing regularly.

Also, FWIW, Mossberg and Charles Daly have some 20 ga pumps out that are pretty short and only weigh about five pounds. Might be a cheaper route.

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » February 11th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Tru-Glo makes a "Glo-dot II Universal sight for plain barreled shotguns but it's a front sight only. For the 20 gauge it's the modelTG92A (red) or the TG93A (green).

That might help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

kcfishnerd

Postby kcfishnerd » February 12th, 2009, 8:32 am

Thanks for all of the advice.  I am going out this weekend to try different ammo.  I do like those tru-glo sights.  At that price you can't go wrong so I will be picking one of those up.  Thanks again for the help.

Return to Shooting