Back on Line

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Back on Line

Postby allaboutshooting » July 1st, 2011, 4:04 pm

Our computer was hit by lightening last weekend. The modem, Ethernet Card and printer were fried! After progressively working all this out, we finally got back on line about 4 hours ago!

I've been going into town to a "hot spot" for a few minutes each day, just to check e-mail. It's nice to be back in the Internet World.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

xcal1ber

RE: Back on Line

Postby xcal1ber » July 2nd, 2011, 12:36 am

Nice to see you back Clark! its a good thing that your pc and stuff was the only thing hit instead of you. Lightning is some wild stuff that shouldnt be taken for granted thats forsure.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » July 2nd, 2011, 1:40 pm

Welcome back Clark glad to hear you and Doris are ok you can always get another computer. How is the still target shooting going?

Have a question for ya when shooting 3 1/2" Magnum Blends in my Super x 2 sometimes it will eject the fired case and slam shut leaving a empty chamber. The shell in the magazine fails to feed , this happens only with the Mag. Blend everything else works fine. The gun is clean and all of the parts look fine could it be that since this shell carries such a heavy charge that it is working the action that fast that it is passing over the shell in the magazine and is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Thanks
Jon
Turkeybuster

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » July 2nd, 2011, 1:59 pm

Glad to hear you have all your electronic complications figured out, Clark!![;)]
Brian

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » July 3rd, 2011, 7:08 am

I too have replaced a modem this summer. I got lucky this time and only the modem was fried. The only bad part was the geek at the computer parts store laughing at me when I asked for a 56k modem for dial-up.[:@]
In the past I have replaced a computer with fried mother board, 3 or 4 phones, a digital converter box and one maple tree[:D]
I asked an IT guy what they do to protect systems and he said they pray a lot. At my former employers we shut the shop down when an electrical storm rolled through. This was after a direct hit took out about $25000 worth of com boards in our CNC's.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » July 4th, 2011, 2:22 pm

Thank you all. It just took us a while to figure out all that was needed to get us back on line. We had some "conflicting" information for a while.

We've been pretty fortunate over the years, considering the number of electrical storms we have.

Thanks again,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » July 4th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Have a question for ya when shooting 3 1/2" Magnum Blends in my Super x 2 sometimes it will eject the fired case and slam shut leaving a empty chamber. The shell in the magazine fails to feed , this happens only with the Mag. Blend everything else works fine. The gun is clean and all of the parts look fine could it be that since this shell carries such a heavy charge that it is working the action that fast that it is passing over the shell in the magazine and is anybody else experiencing this problem?

I have not had that problem with the Magnum Blend shells when shot through any of my guns, including a Winchester SX3 but they do have a real kick to them!

When things don't work as they should, my first reaction is to clean everything very thoroughly, even it it looks clean and even if I've cleaned it recently. In that process, I may see something that's causing the problem, may just a bit of "gunk" somewhere.

If that does not solve the problem, a real expert on the SX2 is Stu Wright at Wright's Gunsmiths. You can reach him by telephone at 618.357.8933. He knows as much about Winchester guns as anyone I know and he's a very nice man who'll do everything he can to be of help.

Thanks,
Clark

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » July 4th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Thanks Clark for the info. will give it a try if it dont work I will call Stu I need to talk to him anyhow about a ejector and spring for a 3" Model 12.
I will let you know when I get some info.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to Shooting