Big Thumbs Up!!!!

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
icdedturkes

Big Thumbs Up!!!!

Postby icdedturkes » March 7th, 2011, 2:49 pm

The "Can Turkeys Become Call Shy" Article in the latest issue insures that I will renew my subscription. It has been sometime that I have seen an article that so factual and well written in any publication.. I feel as if I could have written the article word by word.. Thanks Mark Strand for writing it. 

Brian Lovett

RE: Big Thumbs Up!!!!

Postby Brian Lovett » March 8th, 2011, 5:44 am

Glad you enjoyed it. I agree that the article was extremely well done, and I'll relay those sentiments to Mark. Thanks.

Jim Spencer

RE: Big Thumbs Up!!!!

Postby Jim Spencer » July 3rd, 2011, 8:59 am

Everything Mark Strand writes is first-rate. His "Who Knows Where the Season Goes?" essay last year or year before last is one of the best pieces of outdoor literature I've ever read. When I grow up, I want to be just like Mark Strand.

MarkStrand

Re: Big Thumbs Up!!!!

Postby MarkStrand » February 29th, 2012, 8:41 pm

My apologies for being so late to this party, but I'm having fun digging in to the T&TH forums... should have been in here long ago.
First, a big thanks to Jim for saying nice things about my work; he and I have corresponded for many years, and shared some great hunting trips, and he is one of my favorite people in the turkey hunting world. In short, he writes the way I like to read, so I find his work so enjoyable, and I always read everything he has to say in every issue. His Bad Birds book should be required reading in junior high English class... maybe we'd have more hunters.

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » February 29th, 2012, 9:58 pm

It's super that the staff from T&TH read and post in the forums. Thanks, guys.

MarkStrand

Postby MarkStrand » March 15th, 2012, 8:57 am

Actually, and I can only speak for myself, but the lengthening daylight has the same impact on me as it does on all the other diehard turkey hunters out there. I can just feel the season coming, and one of the ways to feed the addiction is to hang out with everybody in the forums... it's always a time factor for me, so I don't always find time to poke around on the computer, but when I do, I love reading what others have to say about my favorite sport!

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 15th, 2012, 9:50 pm

I agree with Duke, I'm thrilled that Mark is poking his head in here from time to time.

I had a lengthy conversation with Mark Drury, Steve Stoltz and Chris Parrish at the NWTF National Convention two years ago. I was telling them about our forum and was lamenting the lack of dignitaries from our sport that participate. They agreed to a man that they don't "engage" the public on the internet and feared that they had more to lose than to gain.

All three are Calling Champions, call designers and endorsers of calls along with being Pro Staffers, video stars and hunting celebrities of note. Unfortunate that they feel that way but they're probably correct.

Outdoor writers, on the other hand, are known but to a few diehard sportsmen such as the regular readers of T&TH. It brings a smile to know that Lovett, Spencer and Strand can drop in here and not feel threatened. Now don't you guys go and get so famous that you can't do this anymore. :lol:
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Return to Magazine Feedback