Morel hunt

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
shad309

Morel hunt

Postby shad309 » May 7th, 2011, 11:54 am

Went for a late season morel hunt this morning. I think season is just about done, only found 2 this morning after finding 37 on Wednesday evening. So far this seson I have found just over 300. Not too shabby for 2 weeks of hunting.
The best part of this morning was a little bitter sweet... I was getting ready to cross a creek to look under a huge elm tree. As I was about to jump across I something caught my eye in the water- it was a find of a lifetime. This guy was surely a bruiser in his day. Part of me hates to find him this way but at the same time I am excited to have been given this gift from God. This old boy will be sent to my cousin to do a European mount. When I get it back I will post the pics!

xcal1ber

RE: Morel hunt

Postby xcal1ber » May 7th, 2011, 12:05 pm

All i have to say is wow and wow my friend! 300 morels is a challenging feat of its own, i only harvest about 125 or so a year and that is a beautiful buck, awesome eye guards and nice mass!
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » June 29th, 2011, 10:54 am

nice 300 morels thats sweet!!! i dont really go out looking for them but ill pick them up if i see them when out in the turkey woods found them in nebraska kansas & minnesota... last yr found them at both of my camps in NE/MN write near our tents couldnt beat that find! had em with a venison back strap!!! thats also a nice skull to find im happy with just a shed i found 1 in kansas this yr i have found a few but they were allready tuned to bone the hole skull & horns looked like bone... my best find was a big horn sheep rams head i found on a merriams hunt out west the bummer was it only had 1 side of the big horns curl left? & that side was covering its eye he was deformedor something but he was mature i searched for a good 30-45 min b4 i left looking for the other side of his curl but couldnt find it only a few rib bones!!! it was heavy to carry back to camp over 2 miles threw a wilderness area... it was allready euro mounted i was happy doubled up on 2 merriams jakes the next day & found 6 morels it was a good trip out west...

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » June 29th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Congrats on the 300+ morels and that buck is definitely a neat find! He has great mass!![;)]
Brian

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!