Neat encounter!

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
kenturkey89

Neat encounter!

Postby kenturkey89 » June 25th, 2011, 3:10 pm

After working in hay today I decided that I'd try a little fishing in the pond when I stumbled upon this little guy. It was about 15 feet from the edge of the water and the grass was tall enough that you literally could not see the thing until you were about 10 feet from it. I almost stepped on it but I went ahead and took a quick picture and went back to the house. I'm guessing he/she can't be older than a week and I almost think that's pushing it!!

Brian

Turkeybuster

RE: Neat encounter!

Postby Turkeybuster » June 25th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Nice pics. they are something to see in the woods it seems like you almost have to step on them before you see them.
We had two nice buck in the yard tonight they are going to have nice racks in the fall.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » June 26th, 2011, 12:47 am

ORIGINAL: kenturkey89

I'm guessing he/she can't be older than a week and I almost think that's pushing it!!

Yes, I think that's pushing it. My guess is that he's only a day or two. Nice find.

I found one a few years ago that was still wet from being born. I had to go back to my truck to get my camera, and when I returned the little buck was still there.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » June 28th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Big mama doe sure conseals them little fawns good when she leaves to feed, and they will not move! you could have prolly went and picked it up which we all know its good you didnt but i bet if you did the little feller wouldnt move.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

Return to Off Topic