2011 Contest Final Standings

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
eggshell

RE: 2011 Contest Final Standings

Postby eggshell » June 11th, 2011, 9:11 am

Yeah maybe a fall contest, heck I might even enter since this one went well.  Might have to have a little different scoring.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 11th, 2011, 9:21 am

Congrats Team 5, you boys earned the Braggin Rights for a year [:D].

Big Thanks goes out to Jim for running our first T&TH Turkey contest, and too Brian and Ben for letting us do it. [:)] It was fun watching it all unfold. [:D] [:D]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » June 11th, 2011, 10:06 am

Alright gentleman heres the signature logo for the years bragg'n rights.

I would like to extend my appreciation to everyone for allowing me the join in and the consideration after being late in on the sighn up this year.The contest turned out to be a barrel of fun and I am glad to be a participant of it.I am ready for the next.

Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 11th, 2011, 10:46 am

congratulations to Team 5 on a great effort and season...you guys worked together to do what it took.

Thanks Mr Bates for your time and leadership with this...it was fun...within of great guys and hunters involved

PS: I do object to Dana's ( Eggshells) right to solicit rules changes specifically any regarding weapon systems including ACME that I may or may not have used...for the record most of my submitted birds were identifiable as turkeys and with the exception of the one road killed buzzard that was photoshopped to resemble a turkey he has no ground to stand on......Although the ACME Neutron System does leave kills in better physical condition...it is not specifically mentioned as "an illegal weapon " in any Game and Fish Regs.....also remember the " complainant" was running around in Arkansas or some where without a shirt claiming his bird jumped in the river......under the circumstances most of would have done the same thing had we seen a half naked Ohioian coming at us in the wilderness
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » June 11th, 2011, 10:59 am

also remember the " complainant" was running around in Arkansas or some where without a shirt claiming his bird jumped in the river......under the circumstances most of would have done the same thing had we seen a half naked Ohioian coming at us in the wilderness

Okay my sides have stopped hurting now[;)]
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

eggshell

Postby eggshell » June 11th, 2011, 12:38 pm

also remember the " complainant" was running around in Arkansas or some where without a shirt claiming his bird jumped in the river......under the circumstances most of would have done the same thing had we seen a half naked Ohioian coming at us in the wilderness

Wow and I thought that story was totally believable....sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. However, I will have to start another thread to tell a story/joke that reminds me of. I don't want to hijack the winners glory.

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » June 12th, 2011, 7:05 am

Had a great time, thanks to everyone.
Twitter: @edvogler

grizzly

Postby grizzly » June 12th, 2011, 10:01 am

CONGRADS TEAM 5 my hat off to you boys. a big THANK YOU to JIm for putting this all togetter it was fun i to wouldn't mine a fall contest as well[:D]wayne

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » June 12th, 2011, 10:45 am

Congrats. Team 5# on winning the bragging rights for the year ya'll did a fine job. Thanks Jim for keeping it all together I know you spent a lot of time on it. Although I didnt participate I followed it throught the season and it was a lot of fun. I was glad to see it worked out well for everybody.

Jon
Turkeybuster

dewey

Postby dewey » June 13th, 2011, 5:17 am

Congratulations to team 5 and a BIG thanks to Jim for handling the contest. I like Wayne's idea of putting together a fall contest as well.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp