2011 Contest Final Standings

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Gobblerman

2011 Contest Final Standings

Postby Gobblerman » June 11th, 2011, 3:25 am

Drum Roll Please!!............

It is Official!  The 2011 T&TH Forums Spring Hunt Contest is over...finally...
....And the Winning Team is..................

Team #5....Limbhangers

firelt72
Kenturkey89
MAKEemQUIVER
MoJack
Roycefromrc
SouthernStrut
SpitnDrum 
turkeytracks

Congratulations to the Limbhangers on their collective outstanding 2011 Season! 
Six of their eight hunters took at least one gobbler!
Bragging rights are theirs for the next year!

As the administrator for the first ever T&TH Forums contest, I would like to thank all of the members here who joined in the contest and participated in the fun!   Hopefully, it helped make everybody's spring season a bit more enjoyable.

Assuming we all want to do this again in the future, now is the time to discuss the contest and the "shortcomings" of the way the contest was set up and what we can do to make it better next time.  Let it be known, here and now, that the current administrator is willing to step down from his position and let someone else run the contest, if they so desire.  If not, I am willing, with the help of all of you that kept me straightened out this time, to try to run it again next year.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the contest in the spirit in which it was intended!   What a fine bunch of folks we have here!  It is a pleasure to be on this forum with all of you!

Jim

Brian Lovett

RE: 2011 Contest Final Standings

Postby Brian Lovett » June 11th, 2011, 3:41 am

Congratulations to all participants. Jim, thanks much for running a great contest. It was a pleasure to see it unfold throughout the spring.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » June 11th, 2011, 4:16 am

Man alive!!!   I can hear the drums ! ,,,no wait ,,,,Sorry , it's thunderin'.

Many thanks Jim for your time and effort involved with this contest . It's been fun and interesting .
 And a big CONGRATS  to the winning team .

eggshell

Postby eggshell » June 11th, 2011, 4:49 am

well done Jim and congrats to the winning team. It did indeed maintain a friendly atmosphere, except for one bunch of renegades (the bootleggers are really a friendly bunch who just wanted to have fun) who kind of went off on their own.....hmmm not mentioning names. Too bad it didn't go to a 9 team tie breaker, that would of meant everyone had success.

I'm not into contest, but I might suggest a rule change, that the ACME system be banned from further use for contest eligibility! Anyway there is only one wild man using it, right Bobby. 

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » June 11th, 2011, 5:50 am

congrat to team-5 well done,and a big thanks to gobblerman for all his hard work.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » June 11th, 2011, 6:59 am

Thanks for doing this, Jim.  It was good fun.  Congratulations to the winners from Team 5. Way to go you Limbhangers! 

Since nothing but bragging rights was at stake for this contest, perhaps more folks will enter it next year.  I'm already looking forward to it.

Jim

Luck Counts, good or bad

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » June 11th, 2011, 7:48 am

Congrats Team #5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS for the Contest it made my season better sharing my frustration of not seeing any Toms!

I'll be ready Next Year cause I'm re-planting my deer Food Plots and Adding some Plants Turkeys like...

Here's my Dad Spraying the roundup!

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 11th, 2011, 8:10 am

Congrats to Team 5. You all had a very nice spring season.

Jim, thanks again for all of your time and effort on this contest. Maybe next year we can get TTH to give out free hats to the winners.[8|] Just a thought.

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » June 11th, 2011, 8:47 am

Jim thanks for the hard work you put in for the contest.

Man success is sweet [:D][:D][:D]!!!!!!!!!!!!

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » June 11th, 2011, 8:58 am

From the very beginning I thought that this friendly contest was a terrific idea because I thought that it would get most of us members more involved in the forums and with other members that what we already were, and I think it did just that.

I am very proud to be apart of the winning team and I want to extend a well deserved congratulations to the rest of my teammates that were apart of Team 5 The Limbhangers, and I want to congratulate all of the other teams and members who had success in the spring woods this year as well! For those of you who were left holding unfilled tags, remain positive and remember that next spring will be here sooner than you think (at least I hope so) and fall season is right around the corner for those of you who hunt turkeys in the autumn woods.

Lastly, I want to give a very sincere thank you to Mr. Jim Bates for taking on the task of running this contest and I have to say that he did a remarkable job. I vote that this become an annual T&TH Spring (and possibly Fall) contest. Thanks again, Jim!
Brian

Next

Return to Base Camp