Too Wet to Shoot

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

RE: Too Wet to Shoot

Postby allaboutshooting » May 28th, 2011, 8:05 am

ORIGINAL: kygobbler

Hey Clark, is there a website you can go to to see when and where the competitions are? Thanks

Hey Bryan,

I see that Mike has already given you a link. The other site is the NWTF home page,http://www.nwtf.organd then just click on your state and shooting events. The map site is much quicker however.

There's a shoot in Park City, KY in a couple of weeks and one it Medina, OH and Abbeville, SC next weekend. Then there are a couple in South Carolina & North Carolina a little later. That's about as far ahead as I've looked.

Some of these shoots are combined with sporting clays shoots and the new JAKES shoots. The sporting clays shoots always draw a crowd and hopefully this new shooting program for JAKES will do the same thing.

These shoots have allowed Doris and me to meet a lot of folks in different parts of the country that we might not otherwise have ever known and it's just fun to get out and shoot.

I'd encourage anyone to come out to one of these events and give it a try.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 28th, 2011, 10:12 am

ORIGINAL: ncturkey

The rain have keep alot of folks from shooting and hunting bith this spring. That is cool Doris beat the guys with the custom shoot guns. What about the rest of the class results. Plus it would be cool to post the winning scores too.

Hey Mike,

I hope you're able to come out to the shoots this year. It would be my pleasure to become better acquainted with you.

I couldn't tell you what any of the scores were but I can tell you that none were very high. We were shooting Winchester Super X lead turkey loads in the 12 gauge class and Super X pheasant loads in the 20 gauge class. While those shells will certainly kill turkeys within a reasonable range, they don't produce the numbers that we're accustomed to seeing with Hevi-13 shells.

Thanks,
Clark

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 28th, 2011, 11:47 am

Thanks for the info Mike and Clark. Hopefully if Im able to I will go to the one in Park City, KY. That one is not very far away from me.
Is it turkey season yet?

ncturkey

Postby ncturkey » May 29th, 2011, 2:40 am

I was going to the Statesville, NC shoot on July 16 but I will not be able to attend.
Mike

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » May 29th, 2011, 9:01 am

Congrats to your wife Clark! I want to wish you luck on your next events, and have a safe trip.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 29th, 2011, 11:03 am

ORIGINAL: xcal1ber

Congrats to your wife Clark! I want to wish you luck on your next events, and have a safe trip.

Hey Brian,

We appreciate your well wishes. We look forward to "getting back out there" and visiting with some folks in different parts of the country.

Thanks again,
Clark

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » May 30th, 2011, 3:22 am

She out shot everyone, including her husband,
I know that feeling Clark. We have several trophys that would not be here IF my wife had not shot better than she usually does. I feel a great deal of pride knowing I have taught her to shoot and it does not bother me when she does outshoot me. I have my brother fine tune her when there is a problem.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 30th, 2011, 3:28 am

Hey Steve,

Thanks. I am indeed very proud of her. She's a real competitor and most of all she really enjoys shooting. Our travels in this sport have given us an opportunity to share something that we both enjoy doing and to meet so many great people along the way.

Thanks again,
Clark

Previous

Return to Shooting