Got Er' Done

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
trkynut54

Got Er' Done

Postby trkynut54 » March 5th, 2009, 8:07 am

I took the 835 out again this morning. I put the choke tube on that came with it. I was shooting Winchester 3 1/2" 2 oz. 5 shot out of it and was shooting alot better. I got it zeroed in and am getting good patterns out to 40 yards. Now i'm satisfied. Can't wait to get out huntin' [:D]
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

Ozarks Hillbilly

RE: Got Er' Done

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » March 5th, 2009, 8:31 am

Glad you got it lined out and dialed in. I saw where you installed a set of Magnum gobble dots on your gun. Did you remove the beads from the rib? The reason I ask is I have a friend who discovered when he got his gun out to the woods that the fiber optic had fallen out of the front sight. You mite want to put the allen wrench in your vest just in case you need to make a repair in the field.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » March 5th, 2009, 8:50 am

There wasn't any beads on it. There was some other sights over the bead holes, but you couldn't adjust the windage too far and there wasn't any adjustment for the elevation either. I really like the sights I have now. They're worth every penny.
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

Ozarks Hillbilly

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » March 5th, 2009, 9:46 am

I had put a set of the magnum gobble dots on a Mossy 500 I never had any trouble with them. After my friends little incident I put my beads and allen wrench in my vest just in case.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » March 5th, 2009, 11:00 am

Hillbilly
Never had a problem with mine either but I installed mine behind the sight thank goodness. Thanks for the heads up!
TB

Ozarks Hillbilly

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » March 5th, 2009, 11:36 am

Your welcome TB, I know lots of guys that use those sights and never have had a problem with them I would say his was just one of those fluke deals. I prefer turkey hunting with just beads. I ended up putting them on that little 500 to get the point of impact corrected. That little gun kicked like a Missouri mule and putting those rifle type sights just made it that much worse on my cheek and jawbone. I am no longer the owner of that little gun, I hate to say it but I don't think I am as tough as I used to be.

Return to Shooting