"Bad Bird" Articles

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
Mossberg835

RE: "Bad Bird" Articles

Postby Mossberg835 » April 16th, 2011, 6:24 am

I love the bad bird articles. if they ended up running out of money for some reason nad could only do 1 article for the magazine, i would want it to be the bad birds article. When i first saw that the book was for sale i wanted it, but didnt have any spending money. I got some though and ordered it a week ago, cant wait to get it[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

crookedspur

Postby crookedspur » May 13th, 2011, 11:56 am

I agree, love the "bad birds" articles. It's a great reminder that Im not the only one who runs into stubborn, difficult birds.

Jim Spencer

Postby Jim Spencer » May 26th, 2011, 9:11 am

I met several more Bad Birds this spring in locales diverse: Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, South Dakota and, of course, Mississippi. I'm about to arrive at the notion that every dang turkey in Mississippi is a Bad Bird. A few of this spring's characters will probably make their way into the column, assuming Brian doesn't fire me for being an incompetent turkey hunter.

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » May 26th, 2011, 9:50 am

Jim, I would have to fire myself first.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » June 27th, 2011, 12:28 pm

yes i do love the articles i guess im differnt then most of you guys i save the articles i want to read the most for last & bad birds seems to allways get saved for last!!! like a reward!!! i just wish jim spencer would leave a little more to the imagination on wear some of the hunts take place he has name dropped a few place i love to hunt... & he gave enuff info for me to find a handfull of the places the hunts have taken place at least ive seen the places on-line in topo pics & so fourth... "the roadrunner"

Jim Spencer

Postby Jim Spencer » July 3rd, 2011, 8:53 am

Ah, well, junky, it's a big world and there are way too many places to hunt turkeys for you or me to ever get around to 'em all. If an old favorite spot gets to crowded, go find a new favorite spot. There are plenty of them out there waiting to be discovered. I found four or five new ones this spring, matter of fact.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » July 5th, 2011, 10:32 am

yeah thats the only real part of hunting on public land pritty much everybody has acess to the same peace of ground you/i do... im sure you have herd that b4 especialy down near the homochitto NF... im not mad i still love your articles in T&TH magazine & the are useally my fav!!! & yes i also have had to find new areas to hunt becouse they were to crowded 4 me... i to found about 4-5 new areas to hunt also in 2 states didnt have any problums in any of them they all were public land areas... keep the good articles comeing & hope the off season goes by fast for us all cant wait to get back out in the spring turkey woods

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » July 7th, 2011, 1:32 am

meant to say that the only real bad part of hunting public land is that everybody & there brother has acess to the same peace of ground we/i do but then ageain thats not really that bad?

timberjack86

Re:

Postby timberjack86 » March 10th, 2012, 4:54 pm

If Jim Spencer wrote it I am going to read it :!:

Previous

Return to Magazine Feedback