wildcat bootleggers

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
retranger

wildcat bootleggers

Postby retranger » May 15th, 2011, 4:01 pm

what ever happened to the bootleggers? LOL
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

SpitnDrum

RE: wildcat bootleggers

Postby SpitnDrum » May 15th, 2011, 4:36 pm

I was wondering the same thing!!!
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

eggshell

Postby eggshell » May 16th, 2011, 1:28 pm

We be here,s just observing. I'm not sure who's all in with us but I know Excal1ber and I have counted 5 tagged birds between us and one open tag on a bird I lost in the river...so we claim a half tag on that one LOL.

Who else is not in the big contest.

I'm not sure of all the birds scores my highest was 73 I think.

We also call a foul on one of gobblerman's birds as they had to weigh the pieces after Bobby Parks set up too heavy a charge in the acme system....the blast killed one gobbler, two squirrels, four crows and a cow. I think the long period of silence from those two was because they were in a county jail out west, after an altercation in a local saloon with a cowgirl....just saying. They threw Pete Rose out of baseball for less, geesh.

As for turkey killing we weren't perfect, but we didn't want anyone to have hurt feelings either...right excal1ber?

retranger

Postby retranger » May 16th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Eggshell I didn't get in the big contest, I have one bird post on NY and one I called in for my buddy. We still have a half season to go. Because of my wife's back surgery I will get to hunt the last 10 days, I still have one tag.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » May 16th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Heck yea were still here! and since DRB is in with us, that makes us 6 1/2 birds lol....My biggest scored 69. Eggshell actually kicked that bird off in the river because like he said, we didnt want to smoke everyone and hurt feelings[:D]...unless someone else jumps in i think that hopefully we can end this contest with 7 1/2 birds...Not to shabby considering were just a couple rednecks and a yankee (haha DRB).
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

retranger

Postby retranger » May 17th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Us good ole yankees don't have to fight with the creepy crawlers to get out birds. [:D][:D] LOL Don't know if I scored the bird right but I came up with 57.125. 20# 6 oz, 8 3/8" beard and 1 inch spurs. That would be a high end bird for us in this area. Anything with spurs over an inch is a real trophy. I may be able to come up with another before the season closes.[:)][:)] I guess because we are in our own group we should get 1st place!!!![8|][8|]

Return to Base Camp