SHOW US OUR N.Y TURKEY

SpurHuntinHillbilly

RE: SHOW US OUR N.Y TURKEY

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » May 3rd, 2011, 10:01 pm

When I call birds in for folks I know in my mind I killed him as well. I've shot enough of these beauties that I have just as much fun calling for people. Either way a heck of a bird and I pray you have continued success this spring! Well I am headed to Jacksonville airport and getting on a plane for Binghamton this morning! I have waited patiently for this morning to come and its finally here! Out of the heat and thickness and into the hills and open hardwoods!!! Man I cant wait to get home!!!! Hopefully I will have some pics up here soon.

Mack
[:D]

retranger

Postby retranger » May 4th, 2011, 2:37 am

Looks like rain the next couple days but nice week end. Not sure how much I am going to get out this year, but I can't say I feel bad about it right now as the birds (if any) are not very active at this time. I would assumn that you have seen a fellow on here (Stevy) he is in Pa but from the Malone area and he is up now probably sitting out in the rain. Will be thinking about you fellows. Good Luck!!!!
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 7th, 2011, 2:16 pm

i went out opening day with the bros and my father, didnt hear a gobble[:@] but was great to finally get out with a gun in my hands. went out yesterday near my house and the turkeys were lightin it up, but they r way up on the hill and don't like to cross the road, but that problem may soon be over b/c the guy that owns the property with a few other people said i might be able to hunt there, which would be awesome, b/c there r about 5-10 gobblers yelling their heads off from that hillside usually any given day.
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

retranger

Postby retranger » May 14th, 2011, 1:18 pm

This is my third time out as my wife had back surgery so I have hung close to home but today she said she felt pretty good. I went down to my spot to check the camera I had out and came home with a nice gobbler. I didn't leave the house till 0800 and set up at 0915. I messed with this bird for an hour and decided to move as he was henned up. I could hear the hens with him, but I also had a couple hens by me helping me too call. When I moved I went to sit down and a hen clucked,,,,thought I had been busted. I call a couple times and she answered and then saw her coming towards me. The gobbler is mouthing off now also and I don't hear his hens. Well this little hen had me pegged down so I could move, but that was ok as she was calling for me. At one point she was 10 feeet from me. She worked her way around to my back and put a couple big pines between us, now I could get my gun up as old tom is coming. He broke through the thick hardwood saplings went into strutt and walked behind a big dead pine. When he came out the other side he ended up flopping on the ground and the hen standing there looking at him wondering what had happened. (1115)
Mossberg 935 turkey gun
20# 6 oz
1" worn spurs
8 3/8" beard

What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 14th, 2011, 2:32 pm

Congrats. Dough that is a fine bird with a good story behind it. You should have caught that hen and used her for the rest of the season, saves on buying turkey calls.

Jon
Turkeybuster

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » May 14th, 2011, 2:52 pm

way to retrange great looking bird

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 15th, 2011, 1:19 am

Nice bird retranger. You gotta love it when those hens finally decide to bring the gobbler to you instead of away. Also, I hope your wife has a good recovery from her back surgery. Congrats again.
Is it turkey season yet?

grizzly

Postby grizzly » May 15th, 2011, 1:39 am

CONGRADS DOUG ON A FINE BIRD[:)] wayne

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » May 16th, 2011, 7:25 am

Way to hang with him Doug..Was your ticker pounding your chest out when that hen bout stepped on ya.Congrats on a nice Tom gobbler!!!![;)]
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » May 16th, 2011, 9:29 am

REALLY NICE BIRD Ranger !!!!! Great to see and myself and family and staff wish your wife a speedy recovery.

God Bless
Scott
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

PreviousNext

Return to New York