The plan

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
mark hay

RE: The plan

Postby mark hay » May 12th, 2011, 10:01 am

Had my close encounter with lightning some 40+ years ago . Sizzling and popping and hit the ground about ten feet from me , between the house and a big maple . Sparks flying out of the hot water baseboard heaters and sounded like someone hittin' momma's big fiberglass laundry room sink with a hammer ,,,multiple times . It didn't ruin the TV, but it turned it on ,,,FULL VOLUME !! Dad was dancing all over the house ,,really fast,,,putting out little fires in the carpet .
 We lived throught it with only the loss of the ON/OFF switch of the TV . And nobody soiled their britches [8|].
 So, when I'm hunting, and that dark cloud gets just so close , this skinny ol' fart is headed for the truck [:D].

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 15th, 2011, 4:19 am

Yep, the electricity dance is a short one, but it's a memorable one. I will do my best to sit 'em out in the future.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » May 17th, 2011, 10:47 am

How'd it turn out?  Did the lightning prompt the right kind of noise?  Details needed??

mark hay

Postby mark hay » May 18th, 2011, 9:52 am

It didn't turn out at all. I was simply too tired from work that day . I made it to the woods . The only storm was miles away . I could hear the rumble of the thunder but it wasn't enough to make the turkeys gobble . Needed some close with the sudden booms .

But on saturday , my stepson Chris got on those three longbeards . Had 'em in his lap nearly . But he sat down in the wrong spot and couldn't see and the bird gobbled one time when it reached the spot where Chris made his last call . Then gone.

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » May 18th, 2011, 10:27 am

That's the trouble with turkeys isn't it?  Never where you think they're supposed to be,

Previous

Return to Strategies