Share Photos of Spring 2011 Hunts

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
Ben Sobieck

Share Photos of Spring 2011 Hunts

Postby Ben Sobieck » April 6th, 2011, 5:05 am

The forum is filling up with stories and photos of exciting spring 2011 hunts. The purpose of this thread is to get them all in one spot. Now let's see some birds!

P.S. If you need help resizing photos, check out this thread.

ylpnfol

RE: Share Photos of Spring 2011 Hunts

Postby ylpnfol » May 4th, 2011, 2:36 am

ok Ben, if you say so.....this old guy had a great season in the commonwealth, was able to tag out w/ a week to spare, there was that snafu w/the bead misalignment [ stop shaking will ya ] but i guess if you haven't missed, you haven't shot at many [ or at least that's my story and i'm stickin to it ] plan on going out next week w/ some friends, hopefully we can get on one to close the season out w/ a bang.....funny how they all look the same, except for that other turkey in the middle photo.....

David

You never know, unless you go

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » May 4th, 2011, 9:58 am

Heres my 2 birds from the 2011 Spring Turkey Season!

There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » May 4th, 2011, 10:00 am

Oops, looks like 1600x1200 is a little too large lol... sorry, ill tone down the size from now on
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

dewey

Postby dewey » May 4th, 2011, 10:20 am

Good looking stack-o-gobblers you have there Brian! What are the length of the spurs you have on that one? They look very nice.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

gooseberry

Postby gooseberry » May 4th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Congratulations to all of you skilled hunters.

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » May 4th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Haha thanks Dewey. Now that you mention it, that bird actually had the smaller spurs, that bird had 1 1/8 inch spurs....now the other one that for some reason you cant see the spurs, had 1 1/4 hooks!
-Fred Bear

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » May 5th, 2011, 12:00 pm

Heres my stack O' 2011 spring Gobblers

Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » May 12th, 2011, 11:42 am

Due to being gone a lot and then trying to get caught up at work when I was around home, I have not been able to participate much on the forum. I thought I would share a few thoughts and pictures of my season.

I may have set a personal record for days hunting this year. I believe I was out 27 days this spring, starting in Georgia, where my son Ryan and I hung out for five days with Bobby Parks and tenptr. Had a great time and want to thank Bobby and Zach for putting up with us for several days. This is the gobbler I took on the second day of that hunt.
Next, seven of us headed for Oklahoma for their opener on April 6th. We hunted five days there. I barely managed to kill a bird on the last morning of the hunt. In fact, I didn't even have time to get some good pictures of my gobbler before we loaded up and headed back to NM. This was my highest scoring bird of the season. The picture is lousy but it's the best I could do after getting back home.
Our NM season started on April 15th, and I was able to spend 17 days afield here, some of that hunting for myself,...and a lot helping other hunters. I managed to take two nice Merriams gobblers, and got to watch a few others get their birds. Here are my two birds from NM.

All in all, it has been another great season. I got to hang out with some really great folks, made some more new friends...and I managed to harvest four gobblers,....and if the truth be known, I should have killed at least two more really good birds that I let get away unscathed due to my tendency to want to enjoy the show more than kill a bird.

I hope each of you has had a memorable spring, as well. ...And for those that are still out hunting,...go get'em!

Jim

steveo

Postby steveo » May 16th, 2011, 9:26 am

Here are two birds for my 2011 season with my personal best beard length 1st pic stats are 21lbs 12 3/8 beard and 1 1/4 spurs, second bird is 20.6lbs 10 9/16 beard 1 3/8 spurs.....its been good but tuff. Not much in the way of gobbling in the areas I hunt but still able to make it happen, good luck to all and be safe.  

Next

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!