WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

Mossberg835

RE: WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

Postby Mossberg835 » April 27th, 2011, 9:34 am

My house didnt get hit too bad. In other news, we took my brother out for the youth season, heard a few but no action. The turkeys up here r just getting started. On the way home, i saw a gobbler down in a field where i had seen 2 jakes previously, so we stopped the van, rolled down the window and i called to it well he was walking away, he stopped and GOBBBLLLEEEE! Then he gobled again and went in to strut. It was sweet! We drove away and he walked into the woods. We r going to get permission to hunt there because nobody else does bc the people that own it live in canandaigua. Then this morning i was sitting in my living room messing with my 535 and talking to my brother josiah, when next thing i know, a HUGE jake walks out right across the road, which has never happened. it eventually wandered bck into the woods, and then my brother and i were out on the road a little later throwing the football, and 2 HUGE gobblers crossed the road only 50 yards from us. They went right onto property that is close to property that i can hunt so look out gobblers, i hope. Cant wait for opening day!
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

grizzly

Postby grizzly » April 27th, 2011, 11:05 am

with 3 days to go before season the weather been pretty stormy the last week we have had some mean thunder storms but all in all the turkeys have been very active i have heard alot of gobbleing and seeing quite abit of strutting in the feilds really getting excited for sunday [&:] wayne

retranger

Postby retranger » April 27th, 2011, 4:29 pm

My buddy and I went out today and scouted 4 different areas, did not hear one sound or see any sign what so ever. I think we are way behind the rest of the state or we had a real bad winter kill. Hopefully things will pick up later. Doesn't look good for the opener.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » April 28th, 2011, 2:16 am

Retranger,
Let me know how you make out opening week. Coming home on the 4th and I cant wait!!!! I will be by myself for the most part second week so if you are falling on hard times with no birds, shoot me a PM and I can put you on one if you want to come down. Hunting in GA has been horrible! Public land birds wise up real quick and they havent gobbled in a week. Hitting a 2300 acre lease down here Saturday morning with a member and they are hammering like hell still. Last chance before I come home next week.

Mack

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » April 29th, 2011, 10:27 am

ORIGINAL: retranger

From what I saw on the weather last night the birds in that area either got washed away or surcombed to the hail. Terrible weather this spring all over!!!

Yep we did get hit pretty damn good with the rain and hail and damn wind some tornado action I live Outside of Oneonta in the Milford area and it is still running down my mountain side through my backyard sounds like a river.. But it did kill the action here a little opening weekend might be bad but it might be great if the weather holds out. GOOD LUCK TO ALL and STAY SAFE!!!
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » April 30th, 2011, 4:55 am

Went out this morning here in Georgia and had em hammering. Got a bird within 70 yards and Mrs' Hen decides to take him. Story of my life this season. Wednesday morning flight into Binghamton can't come soon enough! Hunting Otego area Thursday morning Fightingspurs and they are cranked up right now. I cant wait to get the heck out of the flat and into the hills where i belong! Hahaha! Shoot one in the face tomorrow morning and best of luck to you this season!

Mack

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » April 30th, 2011, 10:47 am

ORIGINAL: SpurHuntinHillbilly

Went out this morning here in Georgia and had em hammering. Got a bird within 70 yards and Mrs' Hen decides to take him. Story of my life this season. Wednesday morning flight into Binghamton can't come soon enough! Hunting Otego area Thursday morning Fightingspurs and they are cranked up right now. I cant wait to get the heck out of the flat and into the hills where i belong! Hahaha! Shoot one in the face tomorrow morning and best of luck to you this season!

Mack

They are fired up here on the hill behind my house right now!!!!! AWESOME Thunderous Gobbling going on its about time damn it LOL!!! So tomorrow i will be humping up the mountain side and into postion at 0400 and hopefully shooting one right in the face.. thanks mack and good luck to you this season and safe trip home.....

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » May 1st, 2011, 5:39 am

Thanks buddy! Went out this morning and had one come in but couldnt get the shot. Last day for me in GA! I hope you all made out good this morning!!!

Mack

hckyplayer8

Postby hckyplayer8 » May 11th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Hunted Potter Count,PA (right at the border of SC NY)

Not one gobble in two days despite covering 12 miles at 2 different spots.

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » May 12th, 2011, 1:39 pm

Yep i know the feeling we have only had one day of gobbling and then as fast as the switch was turned on the switch has been turned back off i have not had a gobble in a week!!!! nor has anyone else we talked to this sucks bad They are running silent REALLY SILENT!!!! we covered about all our hunting spots and then some state land which adds up to 3000 acres and nothing or they were hen up im hoping it will break soon and everyone start killing em ..GOOD LUCK HUNTING
scott

PreviousNext

Return to New York