Opening day April 30th..

roughrider123

RE: Opening day April 30th..

Postby roughrider123 » April 28th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Actually looking forward to next tuesday as I am on 3-11 shift. Saturday is usually like 1st. day of trout season where I hunt, lots of bodies bumping birds around. I hope to see more than my daily reports on here this year.
Good luck to all,
roughrider out.

tex3012

Postby tex3012 » April 28th, 2011, 5:10 pm

@roughrider123... are you hunting gracedale at all?

--------------------
twitter @fishinreport
-------------------

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » April 29th, 2011, 3:41 am

Good luck, be safe, and enjoy!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 29th, 2011, 5:25 am

I've about decided where I'm going tomorrow. My uncle has some land where I've called in turkeys before. I went there this morning and didn't hear anything, but I found a freshly dropped wing feather, some scratchings and some hen droppings. I also called in a barred owl this morning.

The land gives good access to over thousand acres of big-woods property that is hard to get to from other directions. Although I haven't heard a gobbler here, they are here, and this area gives me lots of room to roam. And part of my objective for opening day is to get away from other hunters.

I have a couple of contingency plans too. I just wish I could be 4 or 5 places on opening day.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

hckyplayer8

Postby hckyplayer8 » April 29th, 2011, 2:20 pm

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

I've about decided where I'm going tomorrow. My uncle has some land where I've called in turkeys before. I went there this morning and didn't hear anything, but I found a freshly dropped wing feather, some scratchings and some hen droppings. I also called in a barred owl this morning.

The land gives good access to over thousand acres of big-woods property that is hard to get to from other directions. Although I haven't heard a gobbler here, they are here, and this area gives me lots of room to roam. And part of my objective for opening day is to get away from other hunters.

I have a couple of contingency plans too. I just wish I could be 4 or 5 places on opening day.

Steve

Same. Nothing like waking up early, setting up, having one coming in at first sun and some late straggler walks up on you and scares it away.
[:@]

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania