WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

Mossberg835

RE: WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

Postby Mossberg835 » April 16th, 2011, 6:18 am

My father heard a jake gobble and probably a 2 year old gobble near the house the other morning but it was half hearted and then nothing after that. they r calling for rain next saturday[:@] which is the 1st day of youth season and we hope 2 get my brother out so im praying that it doesnt rain and got my fingers crossed[:D]
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

retranger

Postby retranger » April 16th, 2011, 1:35 pm

If you read xcal1ber thread you know they are out in the rain. Good rain suit or pop up blind. Good luck to you and the rest.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 18th, 2011, 6:50 am

i know they r out in the rain. Ive watched plenty of videos and seen them strutting out in the rain, but our blind is broken and we don't want the gun 2 get wet because then u have 2 take the whole thing apart and clean it or it doesn't turn out good, as my father found out the hard way. Thankfully though it looks like now there is just a slight chance of rain and it might not even hit our area.

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 18th, 2011, 7:19 am

Hey Scott, how much would it take for me to get one of those fine looking calls you got in your avatar picture? Would really like one! Thanks!

retranger

Postby retranger » April 18th, 2011, 8:43 am

I will trade you rain for snow. We still have quite a bit on the ground and more when we got up this morning. So far doesn't look good for opening day up here. I have not heard or seen any sign of turkeys yet. Good luck with the new gun. I had a 500 but sold it and bought a 935.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 18th, 2011, 11:24 pm

Hey retranger, is it common for you yanks to still have snow at this time of the year? I just was wondering. I believe I would go nuts if we had it down here at this time of year.

retranger

Postby retranger » April 19th, 2011, 3:11 am

It is really hard this time of year, we can have snow anytime. This year has been a bit long, still up to 2 feet in the woods but we are a wooded mountainous area. It's not the same state wide. You can travel 30 minutes to an hour and get in some farming area which is better. The southern and western part of the state things are getting real green by now. Fighting spurs area is all together different. About 4 years ago we had 4 inches on Mothers day. Last year it was real warm in march and spring came real early and the breeding was over by the time the season started (May 1) We have snow but we don't get the terrific storms you folks get!!!!!!!!

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » April 19th, 2011, 11:32 am

ORIGINAL: Mossberg835

Hey Scott, how much would it take for me to get one of those fine looking calls you got in your avatar picture? Would really like one! Thanks!

Give me a shout after thursday and we will find out what ya need slate,glass,alum.crystal,also im coming out with ceramic very soon...
send me a PM on what ya need and i will get it out to ya asapsince you live close it will be overnight and you will have it in your hands thanks brother... Scott
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Limb Hanger

Postby Limb Hanger » April 26th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Drove from Buffalo to Oneonta yesterday, saw some birds near the Exeter State land. The turkeys were in a green field, one of the Toms was huge; one of the biggest bodied birds that I've ever seen.  
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

retranger

Postby retranger » April 27th, 2011, 2:35 am

From what I saw on the weather last night the birds in that area either got washed away or surcombed to the hail. Terrible weather this spring all over!!!

PreviousNext

Return to New York