GAME OVER!!!!

TURKEYBOSS

GAME OVER!!!!

Postby TURKEYBOSS » April 15th, 2011, 5:11 am

GAME OVER!!! FIRST TURKEY OF THE YEAR DOWN!

FIRST WEEK OF THE SEASON AND I WAS THE CALLER FOR A GREAT BUDDY OF MINE. HE HAD TO WORK THE OPENING DAY. WE WENT OUT THE 2ND DAY SEEN 4 BIG TOMS WAY OFF IN THE DISTANCE WITH ABOUT 20 OTHER BIRDS. WITH NO LUCK ON DAY 2 WE WENT BACK TO THE SAME PLACE WE SET UP THE DAY BEFORE WITH THE WIND BLOWING BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH WE DIDNT SEE OR HEAR ANYTHING AT DAY BREAK. SO AFTER A LITTLE WHILE I MADE THE CALL TO MOVE AND SEE IF WE COULD SPOT ONE AND GET IN ON IT. AFTER A SHORT WALK I SPOT ONE BIRD AFTER PUTTING THE BINOS ON IT I COULD SEE IT WAS A HEN AND THE I COULD SEE A TOM BEHIND HER IN THE BRUSH SO WE QUICKLY SET UP AND START CALLING AFTER ABOUT 15 MINS THE TOM AND THE HEN DRIFTED OFF DEEPER INTO THE MARSH. BUT 4 JAKES CAME OUT AND STARTED TO COME OUR WAY. I CHECKED THEM WITH THE BINOS AGAIN WHILE THEY WERE STILL ABOUT 100 YARDS AWAY. I TOLD HIM THEY ARE ALL JAKES ( I ALWAYS LEAVE IT UP TO MY SHOOTERS WHAT THEY WANT TO TAKE) HE TURNED HIS HEAD AND SAID I WILL SHOOT ONE IF GIVEN THE CHANCE. SO I STARTED TO GET A LITTLE AGRESSIVE AND THEY STARTED TO COME FASTER AND FASTER. BEFORE I KNEW IT THEY HAD CROSSED A 6 FT ACROSS WATERWAY AND HAD CUT THE DISTANCE TO UNDER 2O YARD. I GAVE MY BUDDY THE GO AHEAD AND HE DROPED THE JAKE IN ITS TRACKS.

13 LBS 4 OZ
2.5 INCH BEARD!

AN EXCITED HUNTER AND CALLER!

dewey

RE: GAME OVER!!!!

Postby dewey » April 15th, 2011, 5:30 am

Congratulations Turkeyboss! Thanks for sharing the story and the picture. Like you said it looks like a very happy hunter and caller.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 15th, 2011, 6:17 am

Congrat on the bird. [:D]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » April 15th, 2011, 1:49 pm

You toughed it out and you were rewarded way to go.  A lot of other hunters would have called it a day due to the wind.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » April 17th, 2011, 11:40 am

Congratulations, looks like one happy hunter.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » April 17th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Yes Sir good job Congrats. to both of you.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » April 17th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Excellent job.  Congrats!

Return to Wisconsin