p.a. youth turkey hunt

curt farneth

p.a. youth turkey hunt

Postby curt farneth » April 19th, 2009, 2:03 pm

first timer to the thread. Took my daughter out for the youth hunt yesterday. 4 18  09 .  We were done by 6:30 , a very nice 18 lb  gobbler.  could not have been happier.
turkeysroost

trkynut54

RE: p.a. youth turkey hunt

Postby trkynut54 » April 20th, 2009, 12:59 am

Congrats, you have a story and pics?
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

curt farneth

Postby curt farneth » April 21st, 2009, 3:52 pm

The only pics are on my cell phone , i forgot the camera. The story is ,  it was quite chilly for a first timer ( my daughter) . First light there were gobblers sounding off on theree  different  mountain  tops , we where on none of those. Those turkeys gobbled at every  call , no matter what the cadence from 5:45 till 6:15 gobble after gobble. There was only sporadic gobbles for the next 15 min in the distance , durring this time we did not call . 6:30 we started making fighting purs, my daughter was using a custom glass call we made the week before. I was using a MAD HEAVY WETAL friction call . Not 30 seconds later several gobblers sounded off 65 yards in front of us. They closed that distance in less than  a minute. They walked 15 yards in front of us  from left to right when the last one  had passed  us    she shot & droped that bird in mid strut.  Talk about being excited , words can not describe  how  i felt that morning. this saturday it is my turn!!!
turkeysroost

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » April 22nd, 2009, 1:33 pm

Hi curt farneth
Welcome to the forum I am sure you will enjoy it lotta good stuff here.
Congradulations to both of you on your youth hunt sounds like it was a exciteing hunt, Good Luck Saturday according to the weather report we should have nice weather.
Turkeybuster

MAK

Postby MAK » April 23rd, 2009, 8:55 am

Congrat's to your daughter, hope her Dad connects this weekend. Good luck.

Return to Pennsylvania