Conclusion: The Altar Boys

In this interactive feature, Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20+ years of turkey hunting, asking "What would you do?"
Ben Sobieck

Conclusion: The Altar Boys

Postby Ben Sobieck » March 30th, 2011, 8:26 am

Conclusion

The second gobbler stayed below the rim of the hill, about 60 yards away, so he couldn't see us. Further, my buddy was on the other side of the hill. The choice seemed obvious.

"Gobbler!" I whispered. "Get up here."

After two or three attempts, my buddy got the hint and belly-crawled to me. The top of the gobbler's fan was barely visible above the rise, so I pointed it out to my friend, told him to crawl as close as he could without getting busted and then signal me.

He made it about 15 yards until I saw the longbeard's tail tips disappear. Then I cutt hard on my slate, and the turkey raised his head high.

Bam.

After kneeling for so long and almost blowing a hunt because of my pessimistic attitude, it was sure nice to see that gobbler flop.

TRapper

RE: Conclusion: The Altar Boys

Postby TRapper » April 2nd, 2011, 4:10 pm

persistence pays off,  and to the other guy who thought this was a april fools joke, LOL,  i got to tell ya,  after all the trappin, hunting, and fishin i have done in over 25 years,  i still make a fool out of myself from time to time and do something i know i should not do,  LOL,  it happens more than i care to admit, LOL
Joshua "TRapper" Jones
Dream Sportsman Trips at Dream Prices
http://trapperstravel.roviadreams.com/d ... /tripslist

Return to Decision Time