Team #2...The Magnificent Seven

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
WillowRidgeCalls

RE: Team #2

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 25th, 2011, 10:27 am

Guess I'll have to remember to bring my super glue along for the tips of his strikers, then he'll sound like Ned Beatty in Deliverance out there. [:D]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 25th, 2011, 10:37 am

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Rennat

Postby Rennat » March 26th, 2011, 4:28 am

welcome Duke0002 & TXlongbeard glad to have yas ....... lets put the smackdown on some gobblers [:D]
NWTF Member

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » March 26th, 2011, 4:40 am

Welcome Duke0002 &Tx longbeard,lets calls the turkeys in and knot them down

TXlongbeard

Postby TXlongbeard » March 28th, 2011, 7:57 am

Well didnt kill any birds this weekend for Team M7.(none of us)This is the 2nd time out of 8 years where we went notta (crazy). Still a little to early, those big boys are just to hen'd up. Would gobble off the roost and then ghost town from then on out. If you didnt somehow get in there path you weren't going to kill a gobbler. We saw a bunch of great birds just couldnt close the gap.  Lots of good jakes this year with all of the timely rain last Spring, great future ahead. I did get a chance to take a friend of mine hunting one morning, Patrick has never hunted before so I was pumped to help him punch his ticket. I was trying to call in these two big boys when this jake started gobbling from behind. I  started to focus on the Jake, finally he came in to investigate. Patrick was facing the wrong direction so when the Jake walked in behind some brush I grabbed Patrick and pointed him to the bird. Perfect scenario, 15 yard shot at a curious Jake, easy pickens. That Jake walks out from behind the brush, bobbing his head back and forth to find that invisable hen. I tell Partick shoot when ready, BANG  bird jumps and runs his little tail feathers to Okl. I've never seen such a disappointed hunter in all my life, especially one thats only been hunting for 24hrs. It was great to exp. the passion for hunting that Patrick had accumelated overnight, even though he didnt bag that bird his enjoyment for just being out in the woods was delightful to see. Funny while driving back to the camp, Patrick says, their going to give me sh@@ for missing that bird arent they? All i could do was just laugh; I told him, if you continue to hunt trust me this will not be you last miss but it was your first.

Sorry fellas: didnt happen this trip but had a blast!

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 31st, 2011, 12:28 pm

Team #2....Please note that Lalongbeard, from the last-call sign-up list, has been added to your team.  Make sure to contact and welcome him aboard!

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » March 31st, 2011, 3:25 pm

welcome aboard Lalongbeard,jump in here and talk some turkey with us

LA Longbeard

Postby LA Longbeard » March 31st, 2011, 3:59 pm

Glad to be part of the best team on the forum. Our season is a little over 2 weeks in. Haven't had as much time as I'd like (never do) to hunt yet, but hope to get busy starting next week. Hopefully things will be picking up in my area. I'll keep you all posted. Good luck guys!

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » April 2nd, 2011, 7:13 am

Hey guys.  Thanks for the welcome!  Just found out which team I'm on, and thrilled to be with you all.

Heading to IA for their first season April 11-14,  then will be ready for Ohio's season.  Taking a young man out for the youth season April 16-17.   Then I'll be looking for my own birds!

Stay safe and enjoy!

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 2nd, 2011, 9:06 am

I want to say
WELCOME to the latest members to Team 2 . But , I must admit , I just ain't exactly sure how many we have now .
 Duke002
 Rennat
 RBEWilson
 Scoot12
 TxLongbeard
 LaLongbeard
 Mookyj
 Hay
 Is this list correct ?

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp