soundboards

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
flturkeyhunter

soundboards

Postby flturkeyhunter » March 28th, 2011, 11:33 am

Do i have to have different soundboards for a wood pot than a plastic pot? if so what would be good soundboards for wooden pots? 

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: soundboards

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 28th, 2011, 3:42 pm

That gets to be tricky, your soundboards are the vocals in your call, Each type of soundboard creates a different sound out of each call, whether you use glass, slate, wood, copper, alum, brass, acrylic, horn, they all have a sound of their own. As does the wood pots, the secret is to find what mixes work together in your pots. What works in mine may not work in yours. A plastic pot is easy, they all sound the same, so when you find a sound you like then stick with it. There is no short cuts in finding what you want to hear unless you've tried it.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

flturkeyhunter

Postby flturkeyhunter » March 29th, 2011, 7:41 am

So could i take a wooden pot and put in a acrylic soundboard and the call still sound ok?

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » March 29th, 2011, 10:17 am

Ye it would sound good.I like to use glass or crystal with acrylic sound boards.Judging the wood you use and combinations of playing surfaces comes by experience of building and is all part of the fun of building calls.Almost every call builder has thier favorite setup or desighn like said before finding yours will be the awesome part of building your first set of calls.
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

flturkeyhunter

Postby flturkeyhunter » March 30th, 2011, 7:07 am

i've noticed some people don't even use soudboard whats the pros and cons of not using a soundboard?

Thanks,Parker

Return to Call Makers