SE Michigan Here!

DonMcJr

SE Michigan Here!

Postby DonMcJr » March 25th, 2011, 9:52 am

Hello all! Here's the Bearded hen I shot last Spring...

Here He/she is alive...

On the left...

Left again

Close Up

Fan Club

RE: SE Michigan Here!

Postby Fan Club » March 27th, 2011, 3:46 am

Hey Don-

'Bout time I got some company in this here Michigan forum.

Great pics! I shot a bearded hen down in Missouri early in my turkey career, had a dandy beard about 8 inches. I'll post a pic when I can get it scanned.

What season do you have in Michigan?

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » March 27th, 2011, 12:05 pm

howdy Jeff! I just do the last season so I have the whole month of May since I live on 6 acres loaded with Turkeys! I posted some videos in the trail cam forum.
Where in Michigan are you?

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 28th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Don-

I'm just north of Battle Creek in Calhoun County. I used to have turkeys all over my 6 acres until I got new neighbors. Now the hunting around home for both deer and turkeys has gone decidedly south.

I got new next door neighbors three years ago. The first thing they did was build a kennel 200 yards behind their house for two mangy dogs that bark all hours of the day and night. Now they walk the perimeter of their 3 acres with the dogs unleashed every day of the year one-half hour after sunrise and one-half hour before dark. Swell. The same year a guy moved in on the next road south of here. He immediately started contaminating the 20 acres across the street that I have access to by riding all manner of quads and mountain bikes over the property coming on from the backside. He even cut down trees to make trails! I don't own or lease the property so about all I can do is try to reason with him. When he isn't riding, he's out walking or jogging with his two unleashed labs. Guess his 23 acres isn't big enough. Tosser.

Anyway enough of that, just a sore spot since you mentioned that you have 6 acres loaded with birds...

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » March 28th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Man that sucks! Sorry man! I have woods and then railroad tracks east of me a tenth of a mile so no one should build there and the folks behind me only yell for their dogs when deer are in front of me....but its better than the city!

Return to Michigan