Surplus Tags Sale

charlie elk

Surplus Tags Sale

Postby charlie elk » March 21st, 2011, 9:20 am

Today 3/21 started the sale of surplus tags.

I snagged a unit 1 third season today. [:)]

Is everyone snagging the extra tags they want?

Here is a link with all the info
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/springturkey/
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

dewey

RE: Surplus Tags Sale

Postby dewey » March 21st, 2011, 10:31 am

I am hoping to be able to snag a surplus license on Thursday for Zone 4 during time period D.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » March 21st, 2011, 3:52 pm

Picked up 2nd tag today for 5th time period. 2 down and 2 more to come (hopefully)!!!! 30 days to wait for 1st season. Let it rain now, warmer, sunny weather just has to be on the way!!!!! Good luck and Good hunting
Joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » March 21st, 2011, 6:02 pm

Going to go for a 6th season tag in zone 4. Should be a lock to get.

Probably get another later.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

RNC

Postby RNC » March 22nd, 2011, 1:20 am

Looking to get my daughter a Mentor tag for the 5th season in unit 4 and then pick one up for the final season in unit 4 for myself. That way between WI and MN I should be out chasing birds one way or another for all but 6 days in May.
Of course this is hard. If it was easy everyone would do it. The HARD is what makes it great!

putt

Postby putt » March 22nd, 2011, 9:52 am

Got a Zone 1 4th period yesterday.  I'm excited about that one, since it will be my first Zone 1 SW Wisconsin hunt, although I did hunt up in Trempealeau County a few years ago before it became part of Zone 1.

Today I picked up a permit in my home Zone 2, 6th period, to complete the bracket around my initial Zone 2 5th period draw.  So I'll be hunting the last 3 periods.

Good hunting to all you early period guys.  Save a few for us late folks.

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » March 22nd, 2011, 1:27 pm

Managed to snag my third tag today-zone 2, 6th season! Hard tag to come by. I was second in line at farm and fleet and predicted the leftover 3385 tags would be gone in 30 minutes! Well I was close. Went over to gander mountain to look at the hot new decoys (zinks). The guy at checkout said 30 guys were in line to get tags, only 20 got them as they sold out in 11 minutes or so!!! Must be a new record. I sure hope they leave this tag situation as is, because it's awful nice being able to hunt 4 to 6 weeks!  Can't wait!!! Good luck and Good hunting   Joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

dewey

Postby dewey » March 24th, 2011, 5:13 am

I was on the WI DNR website and had a zone 4 time period D selected but when I went to the shopping cart to check out it said the licenses were sold out.[:@] Kind of crappy that you can select it and then in the time needed to check out it gets sold out of your shopping cart.[:@][:@]

I was really looking forward to a turkey hunt in WI this spring but I will have to just go once in MN only.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 24th, 2011, 5:36 am

Dewey I did not know that could happen, figured if a guy gets the tag into the cart he is good to go. My condolences. [:(]Season E is usually pretty good. Can you bump to that one?
Or there are season D tags left in unit 1 which go on sale again Saturday.

Unit 4 tags sell out fast, my theory is it is due to the metro ring; the twin cities all its suburbs, Hudson and all the TC commuters on the WI side.

Now for the good news, I am almost sorry to report I snagged a unit 4 D season tag....[8|]
That allows me to hunt in my "backyard" [;)]
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

dewey

Postby dewey » March 24th, 2011, 5:54 am

I will have to look at time period E for zone 4 or possibly time period D for unit 1. I just sent an email to the boss, the wife, about the weekend of May 11th to 15th. Good deal the boss said yes and I just got my tag. Plan B is a go, zone 4 time period E.

BTW conrgrats on you getting a tag for time period D Charlie![:D] Thanks for all of your help with locations and suggestions on how to do it. If you ever want to hunt North Central MN let me know as I can hook you up.

Dewey

       

Next

Return to Wisconsin