New York Pro Staffer

grizzly

New York Pro Staffer

Postby grizzly » March 9th, 2011, 12:02 am

A few weeks ago i ask Brian why N.Y didn't have a pro staffer . HE replyed  with an offer to do the job . When i look at all the great pro staffers for the other states i told him i didn't know if i was the right guy job but i'm going to give it my best . First let me say i'm honored i feel this is the best website on turkey hunting . I have been here for a long time and many of you i come to know as friends . I have enjoyed are chats and haved learned a lot i also love helping the newbies when i can .So my N.Y brothers and sisters here are some of the things i would like to do with the state site
   if you know of any events dealing with turkey hunting post it  . lets start talking about what we can do to improve hunting in our state and what we can do to promote hunting to our youth . i feel that N.Y is a great state when comes to turkey hunting and could be even better. To my out of state friends if you have any qestions about the state such as seasons ,tag cost and where public lands are located i will do my best get you an answer .again thank you for the honor [:)] wayne

dewey

RE: New York Pro Staffer

Postby dewey » March 9th, 2011, 3:04 am

Congratulations Wayne on your demotion, errr I mean promotion, jk. Seriously congratulations!!![:D]

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

retranger

Postby retranger » March 9th, 2011, 7:33 am

Congratulations Wayne. You're doing good already,,,,,I was going to ask you if you knew what a pro staffer was. Would be nice to have the news from around the state, whats going on here and there.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » March 23rd, 2011, 7:17 am

Hi Wayne, I certainly agree with you on all points.  My brother in law and I do a ton each year on his land to improve habitat for deer and turkey, this year has been no exception.  This year I have been mentoring a young lad, son of a family friend, for his 1st year as a turkey hunter, 12 yrs old and we will be out April 23 and 24 for the youth hunt.  Sure will be painful if I call in one of the big toms and dusts him!

retranger

Postby retranger » March 23rd, 2011, 7:45 am

Good for you fargohunt. I have been on that side before. It was just as rewarding to me to have helped a first timer take his first bird as it would of been if I had taken it myself. Nice to have folks around to get the young folks started right. Good Luck Hope he scores a wopper!!
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 23rd, 2011, 11:13 am

that's a really fine thing are doing Scott we need to get all the young people we can into our sport that we can[:D]wayne

BluMtnGobbler

Postby BluMtnGobbler » March 23rd, 2011, 11:57 am

Grizzly, congrats on your new job. May be in touch would like to hunt NY

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 23rd, 2011, 12:57 pm

thanks Brian, if i can be of any help to you in any way give me a shout [:)]wayne

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 23rd, 2011, 1:31 pm

Congratulations , Wayne ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you ARE the man!

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 24th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Congrats on becoming a pro staffer now lets get the state to let us hunt all day during spring season......
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Return to New York