Sorting Out the No-Shows

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
trkyhntr80

RE: Sorting Out the No-Shows

Postby trkyhntr80 » March 17th, 2011, 7:29 am

Will the people that haven't been put on a team be notified via pm if they are put on a team?

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 17th, 2011, 8:03 am

ORIGINAL: trkyhntr80

Will the people that haven't been put on a team be notified via pm if they are put on a team?

Yes, I will let you know.  I will also post in the contest section as to what is happening in terms of filling the no-show vacancies and adding new team members if we have enough new signers.   

I plan on giving the no-shows until Wednesday of next week (March 23rd) to check in with their teams.  It they haven't done so by then, I will remove them from their respective teams and conduct another semi-random drawing to add the supplemental signers to one of the teams as needed. 

I would assume at this point that we have enough supplementals to fill the no-show spots, but that is still up-in-the-air until next week.  If we fill the no-show openings and still have folks that have not been placed on a team, then we will re-open the supplemental sign-up to get enough people to add one more team member, if we can manage that.  The only way anybody will not get a team assignment is if we just can't get enough bodies to end up with the same number of members on each team. 

With this contest format, each team has to have the same number of members, unless somebody comes up with a workable idea to resolve that issue.  I am open to suggestions.....

Jim

trkyhntr80

Postby trkyhntr80 » March 17th, 2011, 8:39 am

Maybe you could figure out a handicapping system for the teams that r short members or dock a set amount of points for the teams that have more members.Just a thought in case we can't get even numbers.

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » March 17th, 2011, 9:36 am

ORIGINAL: Gobblerman

ORIGINAL: trkyhntr80

Yes, I will let you know.  I will also post in the contest section as to what is happening in terms of filling the no-show vacancies and adding new team members if we have enough new signers.   

I plan on giving the no-shows until Wednesday of next week (March 23rd) to check in with their teams.  It they haven't done so by then, I will remove them from their respective teams and conduct another semi-random drawing to add the supplemental signers to one of the teams as needed. 

I would assume at this point that we have enough supplementals to fill the no-show spots, but that is still up-in-the-air until next week.  If we fill the no-show openings and still have folks that have not been placed on a team, then we will re-open the supplemental sign-up to get enough people to add one more team member, if we can manage that.  The only way anybody will not get a team assignment is if we just can't get enough bodies to end up with the same number of members on each team. 

With this contest format, each team has to have the same number of members, unless somebody comes up with a workable idea to resolve that issue.  I am open to suggestions.....

Jim

I believe this is the absolute best way to approach this.

Better hurry up get this final arrangment and managing thing done though....we've got birds here in Georgia gobbling their heads off waiting to meet you and your gun
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 17th, 2011, 2:49 pm

sounds like the easiest way to resolve at this stage of the game.....i will say i hope spit & drum can get in for the work he has done w/ the logos....
David

Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 17th, 2011, 5:15 pm

I agree Jim that sounds like a good way to do it. If my figures are right, we are missing 8 members and we have 6 signed up?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 18th, 2011, 1:39 pm

ORIGINAL: mookyj

I reported in, we good?

We're good mookyj . Glad you're here .

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » March 21st, 2011, 3:43 pm

jim...i have tried contacting every which way i know how to get in touch with our missing members from team 1.....i am out of leads. we are still missing 3 members. since turkey season has begun for me....i am out of the loop for days. i will keep a check on the status as to how you are gonna adjust the teams. thanks again for all your hard work and good luck to you this saturday here in georgia. if i can make it happen, i would love to meet up with you and bobby if i can. be safe in your travels....
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 22nd, 2011, 3:08 am

Tuesday, March 22 

From what I can tell, we are now missing six contestants.....Akish79, Hoytshooter, Rocky (all on team #1)....the Reverend, turkeytracks (team #2)....and tracebusta32 (team #6).  All other teams have reported full rosters.  Let me know if this is not correct!!

We have had six supplemental sign-ups at this point, as well.  So, unless things change in the next 24 hours, I will be drawing the six replacements out of the supplementals to replace the no-shows.  If any of the no-shows suddenly show up after that, they will then become supplementals and will only get a new team assignment if, for some reason, a team member disappears on us. 

I would still like to put everybody on a team that would like to participate, but at some point, we will be too far into the season to continue to add names.  I'm not quite sure how to deal with that.  I suppose I can pick a final date for supplemental sign-ups, and if we get another nine folks by then, we can add one more team member.  How would you all feel about that?

Jim

RNC

Postby RNC » March 22nd, 2011, 3:20 am

Setting a closing date for sign-ups, fill open roster spots on current teams and then form a new team if there is enough folks left over is pretty straight forward. Your plan is simple and easy enough to implement. I see no reason it shouldn't be used.
Of course this is hard. If it was easy everyone would do it. The HARD is what makes it great!

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp