Results scoreboard?

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Cut N Run

Results scoreboard?

Postby Cut N Run » March 17th, 2011, 2:01 am

Adding a scoreboard where successful hunters can post the picture/numbers on their bird would keep everybody up to date on what's going on might be a good idea. We could keep comments & conversation on the team threads so everybody wouldn't have to sift through entire pages to see who has taken what. Is that do-able?

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

retranger

RE: Results scoreboard?

Postby retranger » March 17th, 2011, 2:55 am

I think its a good idea. It could be done similar to what is on the "wild turkey zone" http://www.wildturkeyzone.com/ although I don't think this site is really active any longer. Pictures and short story were listed under each state under the turkey tales section. GOOD LUCK to all out there getting a bead on a gobbler and to the ones to come later!!![:D][:D]
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

dewey

Postby dewey » March 17th, 2011, 3:03 am

Great idea Jim! A thread with pictures and stories of successful hunts only and NO COMMENTS!!

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 17th, 2011, 3:35 am

great idea, one stop shopping.....
David

Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » March 17th, 2011, 12:11 pm

WTZ is where I got the scoreboard idea from retranger. I was in their contest the past few years & liked the site o.k., it just doesn't have the same kind of vibe this place does. I bailed on the old gobbler site for much the same reason.

Like you say dewey, anybody can post comments on the team thread & that will keep a lot of clutter off the results page.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

retranger

Postby retranger » March 17th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Jim I understand that the fellow that had that site had passed away and nothing done with it since. I not a computer guy but would think it would be easily worked into this site on the state pages (threads). You're right on the same page Dewey. I have enjoyed this site so far. Been very informative. Since I don't get out of this area it is nice to see how the hunts go in other parts of the country.[:-][:)]
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 19th, 2011, 4:34 am

Great idea but I vote for a one page grid style scoreboard as opposed to a thread, much more functional than trying to go through a thread with 63 hunters involved.

I'll e-mail Ben to see if it is do-able.

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

retranger

Postby retranger » March 19th, 2011, 7:58 am

Jeff go to www.wildturkeyzone.com (turkey tales) They are listed by state and I believe just what you are talking about.

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » March 19th, 2011, 8:16 am

why not have one post on the thread with all nine teams like below.

[ul]
[*]team 1-IIIII
[*]team 2-II
[*]team 3-IIIIIII
[*]team 4-
[*]team 5-
[*]team 6-
[*]team 7-IIIII
[*]team 8-
[*]team 9-
[/ul]

Still have the folks post there kills in that thread,but Gobblerman can go in and edit the post to put points where needed for the teams like above.Just get in touch with Gobblerman about the kill and the team the points go toward.Just an Ideal
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 19th, 2011, 1:23 pm

ORIGINAL: retranger

Jeff go to www.wildturkeyzone.com (turkey tales) They are listed by state and I believe just what you are talking about.

Thanks for the link, just checked it out. I really like their idea of scoring the birds then adding up the total score. That way hunters and teams are rewarded for the extra effort it sometimes takes to bag boss gobblers as opposed to eager two year olds. It can also help to offset the imbalance in hunting opportunities of just a gobbler count.

Thoughts?

JB
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Next

Return to Base Camp