2011 MN spring surplus licenses

dewey

2011 MN spring surplus licenses

Postby dewey » March 15th, 2011, 6:03 am

Hey all,

I managed to get a surplus license for zone 420 from April 28th to May (time period D) 2nd along with my 2 buddies. I am anxiously awaiting Easter weekend so I can go out scouting and then get out in the woods the week after. I might even take my nephew out turkey hunting Easter weekend, so it could be a very good 2-3 week stretch.

I AM SO JEALOUS of you guys down South hunting right now.

Any other MN hunters get surplus licenses? If so what time period and zone.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

RE: 2011 MN spring surplus licenses

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 16th, 2011, 4:05 pm

a buddy from SD and I picked up surplus tags for 346 B.  Should be a great spring, longbeards in SE MN in April, then headed out to the black hills the second week of May

dewey

Postby dewey » March 17th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Good luck on the Black Hills trip moore and let us know how you do.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

RNC

Postby RNC » March 24th, 2011, 1:09 am

I picked up the final season in zone 341 and will be hunting around Red Wing. This ends up giving me 2 weeks to hunt in Wisconsin, another week in Wisconsin to take my daughter and then finish off in Minnesota. So I get to chase birds one way or another for almost the entire month of May.
Of course this is hard. If it was easy everyone would do it. The HARD is what makes it great!

dewey

Postby dewey » March 24th, 2011, 3:02 am

ORIGINAL: moore

Dewey are you going WI I belive I read that some where?

I plan on hunting in WI in zone 4 time period D. I plan on taking that May 5th through the May 7th off and hunting near Osceola. Licenses go on sale today at 10:00 a.m. There is a thread talking about hunting in WY and I think it is Charlie Elk and another guy (name slips my mind) that you might want to check out.

Good luck moore!!!

ORIGINAL: RNC

I picked up the final season in zone 341 and will be hunting around Red Wing. This ends up giving me 2 weeks to hunt in Wisconsin, another week in Wisconsin to take my daughter and then finish off in Minnesota. So I get to chase birds one way or another for almost the entire month of May.

Sounds like you will have one heck of a month of May RNC.

Dewey

       

Return to Minnesota