IT HAS BEGUN!

TURKEYBOSS

IT HAS BEGUN!

Postby TURKEYBOSS » February 15th, 2011, 12:02 pm

SCOUTING MY SPRING BIRDS HAS BEGUN!

DOING LONG RANGE SCOUTING FROM THE ROAD LOOKING TO FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF BIRDS ARE IN THE AREAS THAT IM GOING TO HUNT IN A COUPLE MONTHS. SEEN SOME GOOD BIRDS ON ALL THE FARMS I HAVE PERMISSION TO HUNT. HOPEFULLY THEY DONT MOVE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN!

kenturkey89

RE: IT HAS BEGUN!

Postby kenturkey89 » February 15th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Good luck with your scouting Turkeyboss. I, too, have been doing some scouting of my own but nothing too serious yet but that will change here within the next couple of weeks. I have a new area to hunt this year so I need to get some brush blinds set up and determine where they're going when they fly off the roost. I don't know the property all that well so if the weather cooperates this weekend I plan on walking around a little bit to get my bearings. Good luck this spring!
Brian

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 16th, 2011, 2:56 am

Yes it has begun; heard my first gobbles this morning at 6:10.  A truly beautiful sound.
kenturkey89 has been hearing gobbles for a long time now. Lucky guy but our seasons opens before his.  I think.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » February 16th, 2011, 4:17 am

Hey Charlie,

As though you aren't already ready enough, I know those gobbles your heard this morning are making you even more antsy for the season opener. And yes, you're season opens before ours. We still have 59 days (2 months exactly) until we get to chase them here in KY. Sounds like a long time but I remember when we had a little over 100 days left and that doesn't seem like that long ago. But I sure am jealous of you folks that have only a month or so left, but I'll have plenty to keep me busy between scouting and practicing with my calls!
Brian

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 17th, 2011, 9:46 am

Kenturkey98,
My first WI season starts 4/20 that is still a long way off. Hope there is no snow that week.  I don't mind wearing snow camo for late season hunting but it sucks having to wear it in the spring.
If things go well buying the OTC tags I should have 7 or 8 WI tags in my pocket for a variety of zones and time periods. [:)]
It was warm this morning about 45 light breeze and lots of fog; did not hear a single gobble.  Amazing how a little mist keeps em quiet. [&o]
later,
charlie

TURKEYBOSS

Postby TURKEYBOSS » February 18th, 2011, 5:34 am

MY FIRST SEASON ISNT TILL 4/27 BUT MY GIRLFRIENDS IS 4/20. MOST OF MY SCOUTING NOW IS JUST TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT IS IN THE AREA. DEFINETLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SEASON!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE OTHER HUNTERS THIS SPRING!

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » February 20th, 2011, 3:45 am

I was denied a Wisconsin tag for the first time ever, WTH !
MN here I come I'll spend my money overthere, and see if I can get one of those OTC tags for zone 3 week C or hop the river & hunt zone 1 down near Lone Rock.
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 20th, 2011, 6:57 am

arrowsonly I am still confused how you did not get drawn with all the leftover tags still available. 
Did you contact WDNR about this?
I am really curious as to what happened.[8|]
later,
charlie

TURKEYBOSS

Postby TURKEYBOSS » February 25th, 2011, 8:38 am

ARROWSONLY IS THE FIRST GUY I HAVE HEARD WITH THAT PROBLEM! FOR THE LAST COUPLE YEARS ATLEAST ONE OF MY BUDDIES DIDNT DRAW A TAG. NONE OF THEM HAD ANY LUCK CONTACTING THE DNR.

ATLEAST YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY ONE OF THE EXTRAS AND DONT HAVE TO MISS THE WISCONSIN SEASON!

GOT A TEXT FROM A BUDDY YESTERDAY THAT SAID OUT IN THE FIELD BY HIS OFFICE THERE WAS A TOM STRUTTING, SO HE SLID HIS WINDOW OPEN AND SURE ENOUGH HE WAS GOBBLING AWAY!

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » March 10th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Hey TURKEYBOSS, I havn't done any scouting yet, but the turkeys are always in the same spot anyway( on the other side of the ravine) lol. I did
purchase my license today. Mostly to get a head start and not waste any time when I'm buying extra tags!! Hint, Hint for guys that are after zone 2 tags! Not much talking on here from the wisconsin guys/ What up. Seriously though good luck in the contest this year and good hunting. joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

Next

Return to Wisconsin